Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

NamePros > New Change + URL Redirection = Huh?

SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

psalzmann

Established Member
Impact
17
Hi guys,

Just wanted to make sure I had a chance to give congrats to all the hard work and effort put into the new revamp of NP.

One thing I dislike is the code in place (on the forum) where every link is using namepros redirection script. That means no longer is google able to index our links and/or promotions when we decide to pay to highlight a thread, a script and so forth.

I'm not sure if other NP members are feeling the same way... not that I have any control over it but is everyone happy with that move? Perhaps nobody cares because they don't realize the implications this may have. I guess it's great for "domainers" because who wants to sell 10 domains and then the new owner searching google for that name and then they come to NP's showing it being sold for $5 :) ... that I get but what I don't like is the lack of SEO promotion this will serve to script developers and others who pay to showcase their links in the scripts section.

Does every link in the forum now use that redirection? Is there any plan to DISABLE this in certain forums of NP? specifically Scripts for Sale?

And for the love of god... WHY? Specifically: Who's idea was this? RJ's? or another script developer he's got working for him? I wonder if RJ even knows... I'm sure he's very busy these days but I thought I'd point this out and get some input.

For the most part I get it but I'd like a mod or staff member to chime in if it's not too much to ask.. just to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

-Peter
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Testing...

Bing

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Where are you seeing the redirections?
 
0
•••
I noticed it yesterday also,

something like : namepros.com/redirect.php=www.domain.com or similar
 
0
•••
I guess I should have paid a little more attention to the redirect as I clearly see it's only within some forums. I figured it was a mass-vb option where it's either enabled globally or disabled.

However, all is good. I Just pulled the trig a little too early :)

Thanks everyone!
-Peter
 
0
•••
I believe it's set to be in what's considered a "private" forum. :)
 
0
•••
I believe it's set to be in what's considered a "private" forum. :)

Ah yes, that's exactly what it is. The redirect only shows up on threads inaccessible to search engines and guests, so that the private thread titles are not leaked.
 
1
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back