Domain Empire

NameJet Bidding Aution Is FAKE!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Georgia Rotsaki

Impact
We were bidding on a domain name at NameJet and registered us during the pre-release time so we can able to bid on domain as it was private auction. Every thing was fine and once the pre-release period was over there were 20 bids and 20 bidder with start the auction on the domain.

Bidding start and all Ok but suddenly they change Private Bidding to Public and few people suddenly jumps into auction.

During the last 30 min domain price was jump from $250 - $817 and then the non registered bidder start bidding on the domain and price was start going up. We have put a proxy bid to $5000 to be on safe side but when 3 minutes left recently join customer start increasing the price and outbid us so we have to increase the price to $7500 but he again out bids us. We increase to $10,000 and he again outbid us... We stopped and he won the domain for $10,100. There was no one bidding the domain except that recently joined customer who where not initially bidding. We believe that this is fake customer and been advice to stop bidding on domain and increasing price for no reason....

We have complain to NameJet about this recently joined customer and they said,

--------------
Due to the system outages, and customers not being able to backorder some domains by the deadline, many people did not get them entered that would have. We had intermittent problems on Sunday, July 5th, and then most of the day on Monday on July 6th. There were a lot of scenarios that we tried to correct the best that we could, to take care of as many of our clients in the best way possible.
It was for that reason, depending on dates and circumstances, we extended backorders deadlines on some domains, extended auctions closing dates on others, and decided to open some auctions as Public Auctions, which allows anyone to participate. Keep in mind, there is not a way for you to know if this customer intended to backorder on the last day, and was unable to do so because of our system issues.
Please also know that many of our auctions open as Public auctions to begin with. There are a variety of factors that go into the auction type, and the Registrars and Sellers have the option to select which type of auction they want. While it may feel unfair, some Sellers prefer Public over Private, so that auction type is used.
Likewise, the hardware failure we had, was the first of it's kind in the decade we have been having auctions, so that is not something to be expected, nor a normal occurrence.
Again, we truly are sorry that you did not win this domain and for your disappointment. We have also forwarded your information and concerns to Jonathan Tenenbaum, he is our General Manager of NameJet.
-------------

The problem was started after the pre-release time was over and they change the private to public without any notification. We didn't receive any notice for this....

manishlunja $10,100 7/10/2015 12:43 PM
sherazar $10,000 7/10/2015 12:43 PM
first $817 7/10/2015 12:24 PM
dummyfrog $777 7/10/2015 12:21 PM
fractalll $500 7/10/2015 10:58 AM
anunt $320 7/9/2015 1:41 PM
mrdomain $180 6/28/2015 5:10 AM
yumi001 $175 7/2/2015 5:41 PM
dthac $175 7/6/2015 8:19 AM
bonelhb $69 6/29/2015 3:11 AM
I believe this Auction is fake and they increase the domain price for no reason and bidder who won the domain is fake.

Where else we can go and complain about this... I know domain is gone but atleast if we can do any thing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dear Sir/Mam,

I am the guy you are blaming here. I am the buyer "manishlunja". How can you accuse me of being a fake bidder? I won the bid and have paid for the auction already. You should have checked with Namejet before posting here.

1st point, if there are any fake bidders for any domains you should remember that the buyer has to pay full payment in 7 days time (+7 days more for verified accounts). If the buyer fails to make the payment, the domain is re-auctioned.

2nd point, I did not stop you from bidding. You should have been available and should have gone for it if you were that serious about getting this domain. Its not necessary that proxy bid you put anywhere should be enough for you to win the auction. How did you judge that my account was new?

3rd point, I was bidding for more than half an hour not 3 minutes and if you know, most auctions are auto-extended for some minutes or an hour if there is a new bidder in most auction platform out there.

If you have any further questions, you can feel free to PM me.

Regards,
Manish

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back