Dynadot

domains NameFind let’s OKR.org expire – Oversight or a smart play?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
OKR.org was left to expire and closed at $20,850. The interesting thing here is who owned it. GoDaddy’s own Namefind. Before NameFind the domain name was owned by Future Media Architects. NameFind shows up in the whois history according to DomainIQ in 2016 Referral URL: http://www.godaddy.com Updated Date: 2016-04-08T16:16:28Z Creation Date: 2003-11-13T15:35:39Z Registry Expiry Date: […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been advising domainers not to invest in ORG,
The people who use ORG are nonprofit organizations,
Don't burden them

•••
Don't burden them
It's true, many nonprofits use it, but there are also some rich people, some use their fund to fight for a cause of their choice but benefitting to all, and others use it for more controversial causes.
There was a video about that matter, in French unfortunately, but the sources behind it are in English.
(
)
He explains that people with an higher revenue contribute more to donations, but that they, sometimes, also benefit from tax advantages by doing so. But since they chose what cause they supported, in the end, it means that the state is paying for a part of that and so the people paying taxes.
The fundation Bernard Arnault created for example, is one of the controversial ones.
They are using a .fr, but in that case, is there any issue in selling them a .org? (Which you may be paying in part yourself because of how the tax system works..)

•••
Don't burden them

Lots of ways to make .org profitable and humanitarian.
Lots of ways to make helpful non-profits.

Far better ways than say what
The National Football League (NFL) does with their energy. The NFL was considered a nonprofit organization until a few years ago.

Last edited:
•••
Don't burden them
I guess I have a non-profit now, care to donate? digitalroar.org

•••
Back