Dynadot

NameDrive Spam Traffic?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I search for something like this on the forum but didn't find anything..

I got this message from NameDrive:

Hello,

I'm afraid we've had to block slashcore.com as it was receiving spam traffic which Google do not allow us to send to them.
Sorry for the inconvenience, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

NameDrive

And when i emailed them they didn't reply :td:
This was the best domain with traffic that i had (From ccTLDs) not it is OFF my list :(

What should i do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They banned me too:td: (same reason)

•••
where was the traffic coming from to be classed as spam traffic

just move the name elsewhere

•••
Dont feel bad. That is what Name parking companies need to do though. They are looking after the goose that lays the eggs. The advertisiers. By keeping the advertiser happy and coming back -- they keep us happy.

Never take it personally if you are asked to remove a name. It just a business decision to protect their customers. Both advertisers and us fellow parkeers. I had one that I bought here that got a ton of weird and bad traffic. www.NokiaGalaxy.com I was asked to remove it after just a few weeks. Then I moved it to domainhop where they pay per visit. It made a lot of money but after making Two well over minimum payouts months ($50) in a row I felt bad so I pulled it myself. ( I really feel that domain parking is a privilege not a right - so we should not complain just comply - if we dont like it - then we need to make our own pages)

Really, With a "bad-traffic" name THE thing to do is to just make a page yourself. Use the traffic yourself - make your own custom page as I did with the Nokia Galaxy name. Then its up to you if you want keep paying for this bad bandwidth or not. It's the fair thing to do.

Cheers,

•••
They banned my account after 2 days and didn't even send an email to inform me "your account has been suspended."

I am more comfortable with Overture based domain parking providers like goldkey.com,activeaudience.com:)

•••
just go with who you are comfortable with - just dont complain.

•••
NameDrive is good...

Your domain may have been getting paid to surf clicks or something similar. Since they didn't cancel your whole account it probably means they know you didn't do anything wrong. If I were you I would just move the one domain to my own server and see where its coming from. Maybe you could filter it out?

Hope that helps :)

•••
I agree with the last part of your statement. But name parking is more of a "convenience" (not having to make the page yourself) than a "priviledge". Don't forget, name=parking services are making a good amount of $$$ from every click on your domain, whether or not they pay it out to you. You're always taking a risk when parking a domain, but in most cases it pays well enough to justify the risk/down side.
Fleege said:
I was asked to remove it after just a few weeks. Then I moved it to domainhop where they pay per visit. It made a lot of money but after making Two well over minimum payouts months ($50) in a row I felt bad so I pulled it myself. ( I really feel that domain parking is a privilege not a right - so we should not complain just comply - if we dont like it - then we need to make our own pages)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back