IT.COM

Namecheap vs. Dynadot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Namecheap or Dynadot?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Namecheap

• Dynadot

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Christian Taylor

Established Member
Impact
I just did a video on my YouTube channel comparing 7 different domain registrars. The two registrars that stood out in my comparison were Namecheap and Dynadot. Namecheap is where I personally keep all of my domain names. I like their panel, app, customer service, and email hosting. I haven't come across another company to offer solid email hosting for $10/yr as they do, and I like having everything in one place.

With that being said, Dynadot has some killer support, their prices are way lower, and they have a pretty cool app too. It doesn't seem quite as polished as Namecheap in my opinion, but the price difference has really got my thinking about this...

I know I'm starting a war here, but which registrar out of the two do you think is better, and why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah so the dynadots have it..I currently bought names from Namecheap and it took absolutely too long for my order to be completed. Literally more than 20 mins.. and this was after I had paid and the transaction was approved. Every time I checked my dashboard, the names continued to show in the checkout cart for about an hour. smh I'm about to go with dynadot and transfer my domains over.

Pros: They did give me an instant refund after charging for a domain name that had been taken. The prices are way better compared to domain.com (my old stomping grounds).

•••
•••
thanks for the heads up. I ended up buying new domains with dyna.....I'm enjoying the difference already.

•••
I like dynadot more than Namecheap, they give you cheaper .com and better domain marketplace

•••
Dynadot - lower price, better support and simple panel.

I dont agree with you. Namecheap has better support than Dynadot. You can chat with Nc team when you want and you can resolve your all problems. But Dynadot is better than transfering out your domains. You can transfer out your domains in 2-3 hours. You cant transfer out your domains if you use namecheap. You need to wait 7 days for transfer out.

•••
I will no doubt support DY in the past few months, but it is different now (no .com price discount), I should transfer between the two in the future.

•••
didn't use any of them but heard that namecheap is quite good for domains. didn't hear anything about dynadot actually.

•••
didn't use any of them but heard that namecheap is quite good for domains. didn't hear anything about dynadot actually.
If you use NP often, you will see their ads.

•••
neither Namesilo.... no questions asked.

My thought exactly....FWIW namecheap's interface sucks for doing any bulk changes. It's fine if you do one domain at a time....yikes!

And while Dynadot is cheap there support is almost as bad as GD in my experience, I've literally talked to two support reps about an issue and got three answers...🥴 the second one told me one thing than when I told them what the previous one said, they changed their answer to something else entirely...

Namesilo (so far) has been great. Support knows what they are talking about. Pricing is good. Free WHOIS privacy (NC has, Dynadot only does for the first year).

•••
DynaDot & NameSilo are better than NameCheap for the following reasons:
Relevant Features: Private Whois, CatchAll, Subdomains, URL WildCard Forwarding, Bulk Domain Edit & DNS records management, all in one place, for just 8.99$/year

PorkBun (almost same price 8.56$) and it does not allow CatchAll & WildCardForwarding.

NameCheap charges (12.99$/year), which means 4$ more per domain each year (so 196 USD extra per every 49 domains)... and offering the same free features... It does not make sense!

Name.com does not allow CatchAll & WildCardForwarding.

CloudFlare: no bulk domain edition, no domain registry, no catchall

domains.google: 12$/year, so almost as expensive as NameCheap

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back