IT.COM

NameCheap - The user name will be enabled after 12/12/2099 EST

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I got excited and registered some domains over the last few days and now when I try to login I get this message:

Unable to login
For security reasons, this account has been locked due to too many failed login tries. The user name will be enabled after 12/12/2099 EST. If you think this is an error please email us using the same email address currently on your account to have your account enabled.

That's like.. 93 years away!! :(

I know I'm using my correct password, so I can't understand. Does anyone know what this problem might be and how to resolve it?

thanks!
Afromaiko

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think ther eis nothing you can do on your end right now so email them or call them up and see what they say.

•••
Try sending them an email with your issue, Im sure that will sort things out. Weird thing though.

•••
[UPDATE]

I emailed them again and now am able to get in OK. But still no reply, a quick courtesy email or even an auto-reply so I knew my emails were getting through would have been appreciated. Oh well, let's hope this is a minor hiccup that won't happen again. :)

Afromaiko

Last edited:
•••
it could have been the result of a software error or someone trying to access your account, so make a change to your password that is totally different to anything you have used before, just to be careful.

•••
My advise would be too - change your password ASAP. It looks like somebody performed a bruteforce attack on your account, NameCheap system detected this and temporary suspended further attempts.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back