NameSilo

domains NameCheap Terminating Services to Russian Customers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Namecheap is apparently terminating services to Russian customers:

Namecheap is asking that customers from Russia transfer their domain names to another registrar by March 6, 2022:

"Unfortunately, due to the Russian regime's war crimes and human rights violations in Ukraine, we will no longer be providing services to users registered in Russia. While we sympathize that this war may not affect your own views or opinion on the matter, the fact is, your authoritarian government is committing human rights abuses and engaging in war crimes so this is a policy decision we have made and will stand by.

If you hold any top-level domains with us, we ask that you transfer them to another provider by March 6, 2022. "

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It's not "terminating services", it's basically mass punishment of ordinary everyday Russians, in this case domainers.

Will never use that registrar again.

Peace for ordinary Ukrainians & Russians.

•••
•••
This is an ugly and dangerous decision. I don't think by punishing innocent Russian customers for the decisions of their government would help you to reach your objective.

richard.jpg
Take a look at what our customers from across the globe have to say. They trust us to help support and build their digital business. You can too.

•••
Who needs NameSheep?
Move away to SAV, Epik, Porkbun or Z.com.
NameCheap is no longer the cheapest company in the world, that is why based on their prices, their name is obsolete.

Last edited:
•••
Additionally from what I know Russians always look for cheaper prices, not sure why they still stay with NC when there are other better and cheaper opportunities.
Also I recommend to NameCheap to rebrand because it's misleading end users.

Last edited:
•••
Who needs NameSheep?
Move away to SAV, Epik, Porkbun or Z.com.
NameCheap is no longer the cheapest company in the world, that is why based on their prices, their name is obsolete.
I am using Epik, Sav, Godaddy, Porkbun as well.

Additionally from what I know Russians always look for cheaper prices, not sure why they still stay with NC when there are other better and cheaper opportunities.
Also I recommend to NameCheap to rebrand because it's misleading end users.
Namecheap was choosing because it was one of the safiest and reliable registrars for me. But now their reputation is ruined.

•••
•••
Those people chose that government and gave power to it.
Ones life will become harder for them they will turn against the Russian government and take that power back.

It's like making small children starve through sanctions in order to put pressure on the current government in Afghanistan.

I am sure that at some level we all don't feel good about that and consider it to be unfair although it's being done in many different places around the World as we speak.

The bad thing about this strategy is that those that need to be targeted always find a way to shield themselves and so only the poor and the innocent will get hurt by this kind of actions.

IMO

•••
Hi thanks for giving your views from inside Russia.

I’m curious who the people are who support this war in Russia. Are they fully aware what is happening and still support it or only support it because they are listening to what Russian state media is telling them what’s happening?

Things I’ve read on social media, most Russian’s don’t agree with it, the ones that do tend to be the older generation who don’t use the internet and use Russian television as a source of information. Even Russian troops have been lied to from the things I’ve watched/read (captured soliders/text messages back home).

Interested to hear more on this, but please don’t reply if you don’t feel it’s safe to do so.

We are currently living in the time of propaganda being everywhere, no matter where we live. And there are always people being the passive consumers of the information, no exception in this case as well. It usually takes effort to form your own unbiased opinion when you live under the informational pressure, or at least just to realize that you don't have the information sources to trust in their entirety. Not every one is able and eager to do that - that certainly doesn't automatically imply getting the "supporting the war" attitude but seems to me that's the prerequisite; yet I wouldn't say that all the "supporters" do have some active position - I think most of them simply don't care or just OK with it, being more concerned with their own everyday's affairs. Just my opinion.

•••
If you do not understand how basic things work you should not write. Stick to domains please.
Those people chose that government and gave power to it.
Ones life will become harder for them they will turn against the Russian government and take that power back.
For now many of them do not give a fuc...

Well done Namecheap!
That's not that straightforward, believe me.

•••
Have got the Russia policy update email from Namecheap. They are extending original termination date till March 22.

Last edited:
•••
Have got the Russia policy update email from Namecheap. They are extending original termination date till March 22.
I've got it for one account and haven't for the other.

•••
They should be putting info on the main page, since it affecting a solid % of their customers.

•••
That what I'm talking, when I'm saying that namecheap can't know who's making propaganda and who's not...we have a live Kremlin propaganda here on namepros, admins please check this out. An account is spreading false information on namepros, with low activity in any other day. Did you proper checked that info outside kremlin's site's? This is from somebody having first hand info from the Ukrainian border. They were lot's of indian students, mostly womens, who didn't had any issues at the border, but because there is a martial law in place, any male, between 18 and 60 years old, no matter the nationality, are prohibited to get out of the country. Even so, the few indian males, tried to force their way out of the country, breaking the martial law. Smart move, isn't it? Of course they will reply in force, during war. Now, they have started to let them out, but just a few males every hour. Talking about real time propaganda. Looks like namecheap knows what their are doing.

Last edited:
•••
we have a live Kremlin propaganda here on namepros, admins please check this out. An account is spreading false information on namepros

Nice witch hunting, dude. Even if my account is of low activity I currently have ~7 registered deals only on namepros for the last few years. Also a few ones went through epic epik.com

•••
We are currently living in the time of propaganda being everywhere, no matter where we live. And there are always people being the passive consumers of the information, no exception in this case as well. It usually takes effort to form your own unbiased opinion when you live under the informational pressure, or at least just to realize that you don't have the information sources to trust in their entirety. Not every one is able and eager to do that - that certainly doesn't automatically imply getting the "supporting the war" attitude but seems to me that's the prerequisite; yet I wouldn't say that all the "supporters" do have some active position - I think most of them simply don't care or just OK with it, being more concerned with their own everyday's affairs. Just my opinion.
That's an easy one. When you have a few sources on one side( imposing what you are allowed to say and what not) and a few thousands sources on the other side, (nobody forcing anybody) and with different opinions..you have your answer. When you combine this with friends and family who experience one thing and kremlins propaganda says other things, than you know for sure who to trust. Again, looks like crazy Putin is live and well here at namepros as well.

•••
•••
Nice witch hunting, dude. Even if my account is of low activity I currently have ~7 registered deals only on namepros for the last few years. Also a few ones went through epic epik.com
If you have a few domains, doesn't mean that you can't spread false Kremlin propaganda, you don't need to do it full time...I've just proved your false info spreading.

•••
Even so, the few indian males, tried to force their way out of the country, breaking the martial law.

Dude, for god sake, what law does this young indian woman break when trying to flee from a warzone:

If you have a few domains, doesn't mean that you can't spread false Kremlin propaganda, you don't need to do it full time...I've just proved your false info spreading.

I have hundreds of domains primary on namesilo with an active sales count on sedo, so no, I'am not some sort of sleeping pro-kremlin low profile account waiting to be activated with some vladimir putin propaganda, lol

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
As of the latest polls made by cnn, only 25% of russians think that the invasion of Ukraine is wrong. Again, what?
Military conflicts often have a rally around the flag effect, and start as popular.

When things go tits up, and your entire economy collapses and you become toxic for the world to deal with...probably not as popular.

I bet if the question was do you support invading Ukraine, inflicting massive civilian damage, losing 80% of the value of your assets, and the country becoming a worldwide pariah...It would not be too popular.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
A rule of war is that it should not target innocent civilians. There are many innocent civilians on both sides. In my eyes targeting people from Russia in this way like they are somehow responsible is wrong and is immoral in a similar way IMHO.

Everyone and every business should become #depoliticized

You are not virtuous by getting involved in politics.

My experience of namecheap hasn't been good, either. Their customer service was rude to me and abysmal when I had a good faith inquiry, so it doesn't surprise me to be honest that the rot runs deep.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back