Domain Empire

domains NameCheap Terminating Services to Russian Customers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Namecheap is apparently terminating services to Russian customers:

Namecheap is asking that customers from Russia transfer their domain names to another registrar by March 6, 2022:

"Unfortunately, due to the Russian regime's war crimes and human rights violations in Ukraine, we will no longer be providing services to users registered in Russia. While we sympathize that this war may not affect your own views or opinion on the matter, the fact is, your authoritarian government is committing human rights abuses and engaging in war crimes so this is a policy decision we have made and will stand by.

If you hold any top-level domains with us, we ask that you transfer them to another provider by March 6, 2022. "

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I posted this in the other NameCheap thread, but -

“Namecheap told its existing Russian customers that they need to move their services off of their platform immediately.”

and this –

“Russian IP addresses are being blocked from accessing the company’s website.”

Don’t really work together. How are customers supposed to move if they don’t have access to the website?

Brad

•••
easely check out this info 18,000,000 people passed through the Gulag's camps
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag
I know that russian people has lived through very hard and bad times through their history. Always under a dictatorship. But you have survived and I love russian people for that. I hate dictators, not the people.
From Lenin to Stalin (mass starving 12 million russians and ukrainians) till now with Putin. It's amazing how history has developed for russian people because you still haven't seen a real democracy there.
Wake up russian people, 99.9% of you are honest and hard workers. You don't deserve to live under a dictatorship anymore. Your dictator right now has massively f*cked up everything in Ukraine and is not going to stop. Lot of peaceful ukrainian brothers are going to die now because of Putin's madness. But this is what happens when a country is run by a dictator for 18 years. Sooner than later he is going to f*ck up everything.
Remember what happened to Poland in 1939? Hitler and Stalin invaded them. Then ww2.
Now Putin is doing the same with Ukraine (first invaded by Hitler and now invaded by Putin). All dictators and megalomaniacs are the same.

•••
Way to go and generalise a whole country.......you tell me and others to visit forums from a country that has a population of roughly 145,000,000 people....

Below is an email I got from Wordfence (after my first post)

48 hours ago we deployed our commercial real-time threat intelligence automatically, and for free, to all Ukrainian websites with the .UA top-level domain. That has made over 8,000 sites in Ukraine using the free version of Wordfence significantly more secure.

At noon-UTC on March 2nd, those sites started updating from our servers and receiving our IP blocklist. As known malicious IP addresses tried to access these sites, they were blocked. The number of blocks per hour ramped up from a range of less than 200, to around 10,000 blocked requests per hour, or about a quarter-million blocked requests from known malicious IPs per day, targeting Ukraine websites.

We have also, effective immediately, blocked Russian government websites from using Wordfence. Those sites will continue to have Wordfence installed and will function normally, but they will no longer receive any threat intelligence from our servers. That means they will no longer receive firewall rules, malware signatures, a list of IPs currently engaged in brute-force attacks, or our IP blocklist. We are not taking any action against non-government websites in Russia as we do not want to affect civilians.

Wordfence will continue to use our technology to assist the people of Ukraine in defending their nation.

You can view this post and comment on the Official Wordfence Blog...

Mark Maunder – Wordfence Founder & CEO

great move
the world stands united with Ukraine

as Russia is the invader into another country
for no good reason
and keeps on killing civilians minutely

no support - none - to Russia and Russians -as they are the ones who need to stop it -
right now

Ukrainian refugees arrive at Berlin as of today:

Last edited:
•••
This photo & video went viral on Twitter & Facebook, under title "brave Ukrainian girl confronts Putin's army"

Screenshot 2022-03-02 124052.png

Except that this video is of a blonde Palestinian girl confronting Israeli occupation/soldiers.

Fact Check https://factcheck.thedispatch.com/p/fact-check-did-a-ukrainian-girl-confront?s=r

Blonde=European so let's share some fake news. A lot of ignorance & hypocrisy going around. Don't be part of it. Not addressing anybody, just a general comment..

Also, not saying a young Ukrainian girl wouldn't do it, of course many would.

Double standards, hypocrisy, invasions, occupation, bloodshed, collective punishment, companies acting like governments, what a mess..

•••
Yes, I do, Soviet Union was by force, so they had the right. Ukrainians are not the same as russians from Moscow and russians from Siberia, they all have some common ancestor, but are different all together, it's simple by checking dna and body features. Between self-proclamation and terrorism it's a fine line.

these are 5 countries in the world that support Russia's invasion of Ukraine
Russia
Belarus
Syria
North Korea
Eritrea

•••
The army are not the same as the normal citizens of Russia. I just don't think it is fair to take away regular peoples assets because of what their government do.

Namecheap doesn't want to grant any service to their attacker

as by now, we've learned
that not all Russian ( domainers ) condemn the attack

which really leaves me speechless

•••
Man I love Germany, I loved Ms. Merkel. I think she could've done a lot to contain this, it's a shame the world no longer has that beautiful person & top-notch politician. I think she can still do something if asked to, she had good relations with everybody.

But with all due respect, you're so anti Russian & quite active on every thread here(you have the right to be), don't you think your 55% of natural gas consumption(that hasn't stopped) coming from Russia, is in fact supporting Russia? I see some inconsistency with your anti Russian attitude.

Just saying..
I'm for solar and wind 100%

and yes your right thats the discussion now

I'm not anti-Russian
all Russian I know ( except VadimK ) are great people

I am against attacking countries

Last edited:
•••
they are just trying to steal your assets (domain names) that's not ok.

that's not what they are trying to do

what the are trying to do
is wake up the Russian people
to act against their criminal leader Putin

•••
No wonder that most average russians agree with the crazy man, if they don't have access to other media, when guys like namepros members, who have access to everything and still spreading this propaganda.

let me inspire you:

1646171775057.png

1646171981103.png

Last edited:
•••
While I understand such a post is made out of concern for Ukraine, I must say & with all due respect, it's fantasy & not very helpful. That is exactly what was said about Asad's regime when it all started, "regime change, dictator, he must leave, go to the streets, sanctions like no other" & now he is in his palace with millions of displaced Syrians. & that's only Asad, not Putin.
Fantasy? What takes to russian people to go massively to streets and claim against war? Do you see it really a fantasy? It only takes to go out of home and claim against the war, that's not a fantasy. Again, if every russian would do that, 140 million russians claiming aganist war, Putin would be out of office tomorrow.

About Asad, he massacred his own people with the help of Putin's rockets. Now Asad is Putin's puppet for the rest of his life. Shame that nobody else helped Syrians on their path to find freedom and democracy.

This is not the time for regime change, nor is it the time to fix Russia's election system. It's time for diplomacy, negotiations to stop the bloodshed, & the threat of a new world war, a nuclear one. Sanctions won't stop him, only negotiations. imo
Tell that to the ukrainian people being killed right now because of Putin's madness. Fix Russian's election system? Man, there's no election there, that's just a pathetic fake election there. There's a dictator, not an election there.
Ukrainians want diplomacy and stop the bloodshed, but Putin's not gonna stop and meanwhile "diplomacy" dozens of innoncent ukrainian people are dying, each day.
Sanctions WILL HELP TO STOP HIM because he is not the only dictator there, there a group of oligarchs that run the country around Putin.

And when a country INVADES and MASSACRE another country way smaller in terms of weaponry, THEN sanctions are MANDATORY. People of that country must know that if they let their dictator freely invade other countries there will be a punishment to that country, unfortunately their people included.

And definitely, if each russian would go right now to the streets and claim against the war, you can bet that Putin would stop the invasion and would be out of office tomorrow.
So, not a fantasy there. Other thing is that half of russians right now may be brainwashed due to 18 years of dictatorship, only watching Putin's TV and his propaganda, and due to Putin's effort to block external information sources about the war crimes already happening in Ukraine.

Peace.

Last edited:
•••
Boker, yes I am so American that I did not forget 9/11, in fact I have been researching and studying it since 2012 when I finally woke up to the actual BS of politicians in power. I beg of you to get in the ring with me about 9/11. I don't suffer fools but I do often watch arrogant fools suffer. You appear to be a prime example of garbage in, garbage out, just a parrot of what you hear on corporate controlled TV...re-read my original post..
Searching? My bad, didn't knew that you are one of those rats who can't live without politics, but they can't find their way home, without a map. Back to your cave, to study more. On my ignore list from now, some of us have better things to do, than to find a new conspiration every day. Have a life.

•••
Searching? My bad, didn't knew that you are one of those rats who can't live without politics, but they can't find their way home, without a map. Back to your cave, to study more. On my ignore list from now, some of us have better things to do, than to find a new conspiration every day. Have a life.
thanks for the ignore recommendation

•••
I think this time NameCheap going with the wrong decision. NameCheap needs to be honest with all customers.
So namecheap has 90% ukrainians staff, they are killed right now, during their work and russians mock them in face, through customer service and they should just stay and listen how their killers laugh at them. Brave world.

•••
We are currently living in the time of propaganda being everywhere, no matter where we live. And there are always people being the passive consumers of the information, no exception in this case as well. It usually takes effort to form your own unbiased opinion when you live under the informational pressure, or at least just to realize that you don't have the information sources to trust in their entirety. Not every one is able and eager to do that - that certainly doesn't automatically imply getting the "supporting the war" attitude but seems to me that's the prerequisite; yet I wouldn't say that all the "supporters" do have some active position - I think most of them simply don't care or just OK with it, being more concerned with their own everyday's affairs. Just my opinion.
That's an easy one. When you have a few sources on one side( imposing what you are allowed to say and what not) and a few thousands sources on the other side, (nobody forcing anybody) and with different opinions..you have your answer. When you combine this with friends and family who experience one thing and kremlins propaganda says other things, than you know for sure who to trust. Again, looks like crazy Putin is live and well here at namepros as well.

•••
Another stupid mistake. Mixing Business and Politic.
Russian people have nothing to do with the situation. It's the Russian Government.
Johnn
it's not Politics

it's massacre
and its a thread of a nuclear war

that a completely new level

Last edited:
•••
•••
To your question frank- how can we stop that war immediately. The answer is we can not (the only people who can stop this war are the people who started it,

the people of Russia can stop the war, too
in forcing the people who started it to stop it

the idea behind the banning of Russians as such
is to give the Russian population enough motivation
to force their leaders
to stop the aggression immediately

they are the hope of the whole world
( well of course except for India, which I always loved
and little others like North Korea )

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Here is step one in your learning. Try to spot the remarkable similarity to what our dirty western media presents to you. You're welcome. Congrats if you learnt anything from it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Basic_Principles_of_War_Propaganda
An example of plain stupidity, this is not Russia.

•••
we are not oligarchs neither linked to the them and banning us because we russians its not ok.

•••
I really like Namecheap, and understand that they have a lot of staff in Ukraine. Hopefully all are safe and stay safe.

That being said-- I do think that NC should extend their deadline, and ensure that customers' assets are accessible even after the deadline (unsure how that is to be handled).

After all, there are a lot of Russians who don't approve of their government's actions. Thousands have been arrested for protesting. Who knows, perhaps some Russian Namecheap customers are in jail now for this.

Last edited:
•••
Namecheap isn't freezing assets; they're asking that certain customers transfer their domains to another registrar.
Who pays for the forced transfer?
I mean, for domains with valid expiration dates?
What happens to domains not transferred out before the deadline, namecheap sells/deletes/confiscates them?

Just curious.

Last edited:
•••
Or you can find here or another forum a member or a trusted person that is not from Russia & push all your domains ( special those cant be transfer out ) to account of that person or a fresh account of that trust person 😉

I offer a possible solution
I am ready to help ( who want ) until this situation will end or until more options on table
PM who want and establish details

Last edited:
•••
I think most Ukrainians will getting EU citizenship meanwhile in Russia we have no food, prices skyrocketing. sadly times.

I really feel sorry for the russian people who don't support bombing cities in the ukraine

but let me know when you have a better idea on how to stop putin

the idea is make the people become angry at putin
so they do something to stop the war he started

•••
anyway, why would right at this moment and any of you Russians do business with
an Ukrainian company that your country is attacking right at this very moment with bombs on houses of civilians

and while Ukrainians are killing Russian soldiers right now at this very second,
so why would you Russians do business with them anyway?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back