Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Namecheap SMS double authentication sucks like hell

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Datalife

Established Member
Impact
33
I'm locked out of my account as I am typing this.

All because their double (2 factor) authentication is iffy like shit, and I notice it fails to work at night (my time).

My phone number is right, but I never gotten the SMS with the code.

So I am locked out of my account.

Any NameCheap staff around here??? I know Richard Kirkendall used to be around here, but that was years and years ago.

I cannot even access the Chat or Support there, because I cannot login....!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
1
•••
What IMEZI said above is correct. Two factor authentication should be working for all unless you see any announcements on the status page (status.namecheap.com). If it's not, it may be a carrier issue.

You can bypass logging in to speak with support. We handle pre-sales questions there all the time. You don't need a login to speak with support but will need to open a ticket if 2FA is not working.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Tamar from Namecheap
 
1
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back