Domain Empire

Namecheap locked my account until 2099 for someone repeatedly trying to Login??? WTH

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

UD

Account Closed
Impact
Unable to login
For security reasons, this account has been locked due to too many failed login tries. The user name will be enabled after 12/12/2099 EST. If you think this is an error please email us using the same email address currently on your account to have your account enabled.

This is NOT cool.. I have a domain in there with a 50k offer on it... I also have a domain to push in there that was won in the auction to HBK

Over 20 names in total!!

They also refunded paypal out of my account and my balance at Namecheap is -46.99 ?

What is wrong with your system.. and When is my account fixed?..

No telephone persons available on weekends?

Cmon guys I've praised you over and over and over again.. only to get this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Friday afternoon?..
Do you not clearly state in this thread earlier the account was unlocked so I could add funds alternate means?.. and please pay up asap?..

And I was paying for what? Domains that were deleted Friday which no one even told me about? (Cmon .. not even a single email to alert me ) .. I have NEVER not paid for a domain before.. If you note my trader rating here.. and the fact I own about 600 domains it might tell you something.. I deal with fraud too.. We all do.. but do I not communicate with people and just go ahead and do something like that prior? no.

I think there is a serious flaw in your system if it doesnt send an alert about a pending delete or a chargeback.

Who's fault is this really?..Sure Paypal... but what it's done is pointed out a major flaw in your system at the expence of loss of my assetts..

When I register domains somewhere I would expect my assetts to be protected. and at least notified if there was an issue.. Don't pull the "We are too busy to assist everyone crap"

Why? Because I have Alot of customers too.. and I still find time to handle and communicate regardless.

You don't even have phone support.. Everytime I tried to call it said "Out of the office"

During normal business hours?

ouch

I'm not blaming you for anything .. I do however think you need to address your communication system with your customers. Frankly it stinks and this is a pretty cold attitude to have towards a customer who obviously was going to pay for these domains.

Last edited:
•••
enetwork said:
The domains were deleted right within the 5 day grace period, in fact at the last possible moment on friday afternoon.
Interesting...

So it was too much for you to write an email on whatever day this happened, obviously before the weekend so you had fraud staff available, saying "Paypal chargeback. Account frozen - contact us..."

She would've contacted you on the day, explained the situation, you'd be better off, she'd be better off and this thread would never exist.

Sure, it's all her fault for not being able to spot a scammer.
She's in business just like you are, so the same must apply to you then? No, I thought not, you're not expected to be able to spot a scammer a mile off as this quote states: "We deal with so much fraud and incur heavy losses due to fraud..."

So it's all UD's fault, even though she didn't even know there was a chargeback on her account, do you think she's some kind of psychic mind reader?

This whole mess could've been avoided. She could've either paid by credit card or have another NC customer (ie. me) pay for her - I presume I'm in good standing with you, having been a customer for 7 months and having bought plenty of domains with you.

You are equally at fault as much as she is, simply because you didn't let her know there was a problem. Customer service is an important part of business.

•••
UD said:
or it was rather until the user who got the push just informed me you stole them right from his account which you are NOT allowed to do..

Wow... I think my point is proven..

They were in his name and all and you hand picked them right from his account which means you now stole another user's domains.

I don't beleive you have a legal right to do that..

For the record had my account been locked I'd not have been able to make the push..
Enjoy the Icann reporting

"UD: i donated my domains before they stole them
UD: lmao"

The above was taken from the live chat here at NamePros(along with other unmentionable namecalling between you and your cronies), we have screenshots of the entire conversation. It really does show your character and your true colors as to this whole situation no matter how sanctimonious you try to sound in this thread.

This is obviously a game for you and an attempt to denigrate our reputation. I'm sure most people will see right through you.

•••
-db- said:
A .US domain registered by hand a week ago, with a $50,000 pending sale?

This would be the largest .US sale ever, if it happened, as was 'reported'.

(The exact amount of the Business.us sale was not reported, though it's thought to be $50K+)

I'll call BS on this one.. There is no way that <snip>.us is worth ANYWHERE NEAR 50K.. It might be worth 1500.00 of fees that it would cost them to file against you...

I'd much rather have a solid <snip>.com typo then the .US that will generate no traffic.

Just sayin

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
NC's pocedure is not normal practice as a whole. While a total lock down of an account may sometimes be initiated to protect a company's interets, (just like a credit card company) normal procedure for most financial and service companies is to immediately contact the customer about the problem to also protect the customer's interests, something NameCheap didn't seem to care about. They didn't attempt to advise the customer of the actions and impending consequences; they didn't get the customer's side of the story; they didn't even notify or try to help the customer before setting in motion actions that could not be undone and would cause undo hardship on the customer. What they did was protect NameCheap and only NameCheap, without apology; the customer's welfare did not appear to be part of their concern.

As as result, what should have been a minor, routine issue has turned into a public mud-slinging spectacle...a spectacle that's not very flattering for either party, but especially unflattering for NameCheap and Richard Kirkendall.

NameCheap may have had a good reputation up till now, but I wouldn't know it by what I've read here today. In this public forum, I've seen an arrogant service company fail to provide the most essential proactive customer service and communication. I've seen a company that took the most extreme action to protect themselves from a $46.99 charge with no notice to the customer and zero regard for how their actions would affect that customer. I've seen a NameCheap officer use unflattering rhetoric and comments to try to turn the blame for their lack of communication and service back on the customer, who is a victim in this mess but is being treated like a criminal. She doesn't have to "denigrate" NameCheap's reputation, Richard; you've done it for her.

NameCheap may have looked like a good company up till now, but in this case they've really lived up to their name.

Last edited:
•••
ripley said:
Is it really necessary to personalize things in this manner? I don't see how comments like this are of any use to anybody.

ripley.

You're right.. Remove it (If someone on here is a MOD).. It wasn't necessary. Arguing is not going to solve anything here. I hope UD gets her names back. I know NameCheap is going to be fine..

Just make sure I get a screenshot of the 50K sale so that I can print this entire thread (5 pages of this nonsense) and eat it on a webcam...

•••
your right - gotcha

thanks to all who took time to PM me to let me know im not crazy...lol...at least not this time ;)

hey at least i increased NP page views! J/k

so with that, I will bow out now and see how this plays out.

•••
ok - well since yall mentioned my name - i will step out of the corner for a moment

uhm....isnt it obvious guys -- she has no intention of contacting them directly - as was from the very FIRST post -- she just wants to bash them publicly

::ducks UDs incoming insult about harassment/learning keyboards::

Isnt it also obvious - since it took several days to bring the account from 40 bucks, and then still huffed about the $21 still owed -- $160 is not possible for her to pay (and of course there was no 50k sale- this thread would have never started if it did)

Isnt it obvious she WONT call an attorney -- all u have to do is look up all the threads and see in 6 months - how often she has been a "victim" from DNF drama to the wicked innovations "scam" - to Go daddy - to her site being "hacked" and how often lawsuits are mentioned in "chat'

as one member said to me - she does seem to have a lot of "bad luck" - i do not believe in luck.

Sure bad things happen - but thats life. Where will you go when you have a problem with escrow? to moneybookers? and when u have a problem with them, then where? stormpay?

there are only so many places to go ya know.

Does paypal suck? only if you have unrealistic expectations - I have had my share of issues with them - but i keep them, along with a real merchant account - i also take cash and wire transfers if anyone wants to send me money :)

Everyone here has tried to help - but instead she wants a public apology and someone else to foot the bill because

1) she never verified her paypal account
2) she didnt have enough money in her paypal account
3) she took a stolen cc paypal payment
4) she knew she had an issue with paypal funds and didnt notify others she had paid of a potential problem (has anyone read page ONE where RJ called this out due to the domain named ironcally "hacked.cc"?)
5) she claims to call customer service (I dont see a number listed on name cheap: http://www.namecheap.com/contact.asp what number is she calling?) and send emails, yet she spend every minute on THIS THREAD
6) She had no problem taking HER TIME paying money that was owed for domains registered -even when a goodwill attempt was made to restore her account (page 3)
7) She insulted the CEO up to calling him a liar and expects him to reply to DEMANDS to handle this on a public forum
8) she expects Name cheap to reopen her account and PAY for REDEMPTION of HER lost domain
9) she expects NC to take her seriously

i think those are ALL unrealistic expectations, which means disappointment is inevitable.

oh yeah - someone offered to pay the $160 for you, in exchange for a piece of the 50k sale -- why wasnt that taken up?

I think it might be because that would show there was no 50k sale - and there would be no more U.nmerited D.rama attached to Namecheap

<<<<goes back to the corner waiting to watch another TWO pages of drama unfold in the next 24 hours

•••
UD said:
I will be moving myself from this conversation now "AS" advised by my laywer's office for an entirely new reason and something Richard and his staff have done. I won't disclose the issue but it's really bad and I hope none of you ever have them do this to you.

And no they haven't sued me. My lawyers office wants to sue them.
This is something really over the top

Chelsie
u didnt have 50 to bring a namecheap account current

you didnt have 21 to keep it current

you dont have 160 to restore a 50,000 domain

in chat last week no money to pay for coding upgrades to urban data or to pay for advertising because the site was JUST finally starting to pay for itself

but now u have $400 cad/hr attorneys? o.O

who needs TNTNetwork -- THIS IS REAL ENTERTAINMENT!

•••
Uhh Ohh. That's not good at all.

I feel for ya. This is a good reason why all DN companies should have 24/7 telephone help. IMO.

•••
Need I say it again? .. I have a 50K offer on one of the domains in this account.. and you have no support contact to reach today?.. My account worked fine yesterday.. and now this?.. if it locks accounts for over 80 years with no email to the account admin email address.. your system has issues.. please get me fixed up asap.

•••
Ouch that hurts, was it you that kept logging in or trying to? If not there has to be a way for them to find out who it was, IP addy's something. Anyway Good luck with this.

•••
Sure wasn't me.. all week thier system has been having issues I know that much..
For some reason we funded our namecheap account too and they issued some kind of refund too and negativly affected our namecheap balance.. so perhaps they think it was on our end but we didn't initiate any kind of refund to be -46.99 at all.. nor did we attempt numerous logins.. If they refunded paypal they did it on thier own but numerous of these domains ive had in there for a long time!.. I don't mind recreditting the 46.99 or whatever it is via credit card or whatever if that's thier issue as soon as the refund posts back to us. I don't know what the heck is going on but freezing an entire domain portfolio for 80 years and not even an email to the admin address ???
and no reply or anything?.. This is not normal..

50k sale on hold now.

•••
Have you tried e-mailing them?

•••
Of course.. email and telephone...

No reply as of yet.. phone says no one is in the office.

•••
NC usually responds in a timely manner with e-mail, at least from what my experience has been.

Did you send the e-mail longer than 24 hours ago?

•••
about 12 .. hoping a response soon since I am supposed to push one domain like 1/2 hour ago.. and can't do anything at all with the one with the big offer on it .. This is really frightening

•••
Oh, that's not good. Might they have received an "unauthorized funds" message from PayPal having to do with your other hacked.cc issue?

NameCheap has a good track record of handling problems though, I don't doubt they'll help resolve it once their support personal is available.

Good luck, UD.

•••
Yeah paypal really irked me by reversing all the transactions of that day too!.. not only was I ripped off on hacked.cc paypal turned around and reversed the transactions that day.. but I don't recall funding namecheap that day..

I can't see that being the case.. it's been working fine until this morning.. usually if a company has an issue with billing they'd email the account address?..

I'm inclined to think this is not the issue.. I spent more than that on one reg alone in this account.

I'm frankly kind of in shock.. this has never happened there before or anything like this to me there. Everything was always smooth until this last week.

Either way .. Like I said I was supposed to push a name 1/2 hour ago.. and If the 50k buyer wants to complete the sale today.. well I'm screwed...

I'm sure their customer support it good... but 24/7 would be a better choice and not weekends off for everyone.. I don't get weekends off even..

Last edited:
•••
-RJ- said:
Might they have received an "unauthorized funds" message from PayPal having to do with your other hacked.cc issue?

You had a credit card hacked? D-: Sounds like you are having major problems, hope you get it all worked out!

•••
no not hacked.. someone paid me for hacked.cc using a stolen cc .. and paypal froze and limited our entire account while they investigate the buyer supposedly.. and is holding alot of verified funds too in the meantime..

All in all this has been a bad bad week.. im working with escrow now to remove paypal period from the brokerage and have it so all payments are verified and handled third party since this is rediculous when 2 out of 4 sales are bunk payments.

and worst of all.. it all comes back to kick me..

Paypal not only froze all our good funds but reversed a bunch of payments we sent out that day (all over 100 measly dollar payment we got for hacked.cc) and reversed about 600.00 worth of transactions at the same time.

Guess who looked bad?.. Paypal didn't care lol

•••
I feel for you Chelsie, hopefully your buyer doesn't back down because of this.
Good luck! Contact the buyer though and explain what is going on with Namecheap otherwise the longer you may wait may result in decreased confidence from your 50K buyer.

Since the transfer was already expected...

•••
I've emailed my buyer to explain that I may need until Monday. Also I have interest in your particular names Damion. I won't divulge details until I get another call in but the interested party is one of the persons in charge of the actual development :)

•••
Dont blame namecheap or yourself, it is a security thing. Mail support at namecheap.com and they will reply soon. They helped me things which they shouldnt really helped me with, since it is not related to domains even. I am 99% sure thier awesome support will help you.

robert

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back