Dynadot

Namecheap.com having issues with PayPal payments

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Charizard

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its paypal REFUNDS that are the issue is what I read. I just used PP to renew today with no problems.

PayPal is turning into a menace with random suspensions, demanding to know why you bought certain domains etc. Just process the money and shutup. 😅

Last edited:
•••
Its paypal REFUNDS that are the issue is what I read. I just used PP to renew today with no problems.

PayPal is turning into a menace with random suspensions, demanding to know why you bought certain domains etc. Just process the money and shutup. 😅
Not just refunds…
In addition to the issues mentioned above, currently, some of your payments made with PayPal may not be successful and/or result in an error CHECKOUT PROCESS ID MISMATCH AFTER PAYMENT or other.

•••
Not just refunds…
This is in my view a big advantage of those marketplaces that offer bank wire or other payment methods other than PayPal.
Where - like in the case of Namecheap - there is only PayPal as payout option, for whatever reason (mostly money laundering) PP can block the transfer.
Imagine having waited months/years in order to sell a domain, and when finally you succeed you can't get the money out of the marketplace.

I know Sedo and Above.com offer bank wire as payout options.
I wish I could find a list of marketplace with their corresponding payout options.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back