IT.COM

.us Namecheap cant enable whoisguard (.us)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

I don't know this is a right place or not if not please move :).

Recently I bought couples domain name .us registred through namecheap.com. The registered come with whoisguard and i cant enable it. Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

p.s. i email namecheap and waiting for reply

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have read elsewhere that the controlling registrar for the .us TLD will not allow any registrar to offer privacy on .us domains. ATM, I can't recall where I read it but I considered it an authoritative statement. I'll try to remember my source...

•••
Privacy for .us domains is not allowed.

•••
Here is the link: http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,66787,00.html

Quotes from the article:
The U.S. Commerce Department has ordered companies that administer internet addresses to stop allowing customers to register .us domain names anonymously using proxy services.
The NTIA directive applied only to .us domains, because the NTIA doesn't set policy for other domain names, such as .com and .net.

In the letter it sent to NeuStar, the NTIA said its move was intended to increase the accuracy and reliability of Whois information for the public and for "law enforcement officials who rely on the information." It would also allow the NTIA to contact website owners if their domain registrar goes out of business and to transfer their domain to another registrar.

•••
Hi all

Thanks for replied

"As per Registry's requirements, .US domain MUST list valid
registrant's details, therefore WhoisGuards are not possible to use on .US
domains."

•••
Aww...I wish they didn't have to do that...:(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back