NameSilo

NameBio Wants your Input!

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
446
NameBio.com is getting ready for a new update and we want to expand upon search functionality. We have a few things on the drawing board we hope to accomplish, but what would YOU like to see?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
TheBulldog said:
Can you give it a really nifty red background?

Aside from that, nothing really, it actually does exactly what I want.

Actually, the background is reserved for Advertisers. Much like NamePros currently has a Skin - NameBio has similar functionality where an advertiser can put their logo in the background.

And.... Just a heads up - there will be something there within the week!

Justin
 
0
•••
dag said:
It actually can do that already. If you click on "Price," it's ascending, but if you click on the arrow next to "Price," it switches to descending.
My ignorance then. I didn't think the column name and the arrow next to it would behave differently. Thanks for clearing it up.
 
0
•••
gazzip said:
Suggestion - How about the area on the left being used for domains that are for sale (maybe free to list but commission based if sold), maybe have it so the names change each time it loads the search results.

.

why not have the names for sale at the left be based on what the search is for, eg if someone is searching for CVCV.com sale prices have CVCV.coms (or as close to that type of domain that you have in your for sale inventory) on the left, or if searching for poker keyword sales have poker/gambling names for sale on left

im sure you have enough in your own inventory to make use of this type of thing for starters then can bring others in on a fee or commission

could also have featured ones that appear all the time for an extra fee
 
0
•••
irishmat said:
why not have the names for sale at the left be based on what the search is for, eg if someone is searching for CVCV.com sale prices have CVCV.coms (or as close to that type of domain that you have in your for sale inventory) on the left, or if searching for poker keyword sales have poker/gambling names for sale on left

im sure you have enough in your own inventory to make use of this type of thing for starters then can bring others in on a fee or commission

could also have featured ones that appear all the time for an extra fee

A similar feature is being built right now. On the left, below the About and News section will be a new box with domains for sale. The system itself will allow a few hundred, but only a handful will show at any given time. The list will update with any page refresh, however these domains will not be linkd to the search results (right now, anyway). Eventually something will be put in place, but not until the next MAJOR update.

Thanks,
Justin
 
0
•••
Spade said:
Wanted to let you know - this functionality was just put in! Not completely done, with numbers - but letters are working great.

Now when you input a capital letter, it will search specifically for that.

Soooooo

Lets say you wanted to know what CVCV's are selling for that start with an S...

You would search the pattern: Svcv....

Lowercase v = vowel / c = consonant...

You ask, and you shall recieve!

Justin
Looking good, but two things to note:

1) It used to be that you'd type in capital C, V, and N, so you might want to note on that page that it's changed to lowercase. It still shows "C/V/N" as the examples.

2) Although it's close, for some reason it still doesn't quite do what I was hoping -- the lowercase "L" now works for any letter, but for some reason, when I put in "l-l-l" it ignores the hyphens and just gives me "lll" results. Can that be fixed?

Thanks!
 
0
•••
dag said:
Looking good, but two things to note:

1) It used to be that you'd type in capital C, V, and N, so you might want to note on that page that it's changed to lowercase. It still shows "C/V/N" as the examples.

2) Although it's close, for some reason it still doesn't quite do what I was hoping -- the lowercase "L" now works for any letter, but for some reason, when I put in "l-l-l" it ignores the hyphens and just gives me "lll" results. Can that be fixed?

Thanks!

Yup, It can all be fixed. Infact, I wasnt expecting to put this functionality in so quickly, but the Developer cracked out the first run, and I thought I'd let you play around with it.

I'll also clarify on the system itself but expect to see changes in how things are ordered on the Tabs.

Justin
 
0
•••
Justin

I'd like to see a namebio widget/panel that can be coded into other sites easily by cutting and pasting...

i.e. I'd love to have a namebio search feature on a site or two I'm buildling.


A search box powered by namebio would be great, however, I can understand if namebio does not want to this yet.

Namebio is an asset to the domain name world :)

Thanks for starting it,
Chad
 
0
•••
tight-aggressive said:
Justin

I'd like to see a namebio widget/panel that can be coded into other sites easily by cutting and pasting...

i.e. I'd love to have a namebio search feature on a site or two I'm buildling.


A search box powered by namebio would be great, however, I can understand if namebio does not want to this yet.

Namebio is an asset to the domain name world :)

Thanks for starting it,
Chad


Chad, thats actually not a bad thought. I'll discuss a few options with our Developer. I may be able to do a simple "search" - limited results, TLD restrictions....

Lets see what we can come up with.

Justin
 
0
•••
The fonts in NameBio's listed-domains form can be bigger, like the default post font size used in this Namepros post?
 
0
•••
BestBusinessDomains said:
The fonts in NameBio's listed-domains form can be bigger, like the default post font size used in this Namepros post?

This is partly due to a styling choice. But, you can change the text size in your browser to increase if you'd like. I understand its a hassle, but perhaps we'll look at increasing font size in the next version.

Justin
 
0
•••
After looking at some LLLL.com sales results, my conclusion is that the best average for domains is the median. I like to use the exponential of the average of the logs but I think that median is probably the best to use for simplicity purposes. The mean is definately too biased as a high value sale pushes the average up considerably.

I think that graphs with a 30 day or 90 day moving average value of popular types of domains (e.g. LLL.com, LLLL.com, Dictionary.com, CVCV.com, LLL.net) would be quite popular with some people as it would show when the growth and decline periods happen. This gives very useful information to domainers who specialise in any of these popular types of domains. Since Namebio has a very good quality database, this would be a logical place to create these style graphs. I would use 30 day averages for types of data that have a lot of sales data (e.g. LLLL.com) but where there less frequent sales data a 90 day average would be better. (e.g. CVCV.com)

You could probably just start experimenting with a 30 day moving average of LLLL.com sales and see if the graph is popular and add some more graphs if it is. I think a lot of people would like it. This kind of graph is very popular in real estate.

Another thing to consider is adding an average value with search terms for the last 3 months.

The LLLL.com and similar domains with two types of characters (e.g. BBRR.com, NJNN.com, 4M4M4.com) are difficult to search for.
 
0
•••
Ok - Some More Updates - We Have added a CSV exporter for all you guys. You can export up to 100 results per search. or the last 100 sales.

And we have added a SnapNames feed - which means expect to see more domain names in the database.

Still working on more!

-------------------

Vurg,

I like the idea, I'll see if I can incorporate atleast some of that into this version. If not, I will try to put something like that in the next major update. Thats a good one though!.

Justin
 
0
•••
Spade said:
And we have added a SnapNames feed - which means expect to see more domain names in the database.
Excellent! As if the site wasn't already useful enough, the addition of Snapnames and NameJet will take it to the next level!
 
0
•••
this is supposed to be for sales correct? because then there is the small issue of they are not all correct. when a name is sold, it is not always paid for, and is in fact, not sold- there are names that show up in the search, that never actually sold. as this happens all the time, is there a way to just show names that for sure sold?
 
0
•••
smashfactory said:
this is supposed to be for sales correct? because then there is the small issue of they are not all correct. when a name is sold, it is not always paid for, and is in fact, not sold- there are names that show up in the search, that never actually sold. as this happens all the time, is there a way to just show names that for sure sold?

Quite frankly this is due to Sedo. This only occurs with Sedo domains because of the way they are displayed. Sedo never actually says "These names are sold and paid for and pushed" where Afternic and TDNAM do. Unfortunately verified sales is another generation away. However it is something we are working towards.

That is why we do not guarantee 100% accuracy of the database, its nearly impossible at this time. However - we are working on a solution in the future for this. But right now, Afternic / NameJet / SnapNames / TDNAM / DNJournal / and Private sales should be nearly 99% accurate. Sedo is the only questionable source at this point because they wont provide that information.

Justin
 
0
•••
where do you get the sedo names from? i thought that they only show up on the sold area on the front if they had been paid for- if they have not been paid for and pushed, they do not show up in there- is that the area you access?
 
0
•••
smashfactory said:
where do you get the sedo names from? i thought that they only show up on the sold area on the front if they had been paid for- if they have not been paid for and pushed, they do not show up in there- is that the area you access?

Well, Yes and No. We access that area, but we also have another feed for Sedo, which shows auctions that closed, but does not specify if they have been pushed and paid for. The information they post that your referring to is so limited, its only a handful of sales per week.

Justin
 
0
•••
Are you currently updateing? I just ask because it says:

Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
Additionally, a 401 Authorization Required error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at namebio.net Port 80


when I visit! I am excited to see the newly updated version... :)
 
0
•••
Yup. Updates in Progress! Should be back in just a bit.
 
0
•••
Spade said:
Yup. Updates in Progress! Should be back in just a bit.


ooops, just ignore the PM I sent you Justin, I did'nt notice this thread.


.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back