ComboNames

ComboNames.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hello everyone,
I bought a domain name on 25-06-2020 at GoDaddy auction for 600$
V2xuyZB.jpg

namebio is showing that the domain was sold at sedo for 141$
0to5oYi.jpg

Do I have to contact them or something ?
Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any chances the domain really got sold that day on sedo and then you bought it the same day at GD from the buyer?

•••
Btw I already received the name in my account
OLmfZbm.jpg

•••
Any chances the domain really got sold that day on sedo and then you bought it the same day at GD from the buyer?
We were bidding at godaddy auction for it, I believe some namepros members were bidding there too. I don't think that it was being sold at sedo.

•••
When can; @Michael Founder, CEO. Supports Namebio; collaborative effort willing share

I used to hate NameBio too, until i realized;
We’re spoiled in an industry shrouded secrecy.
Just wish easier way “report” incorrect listings.

@Michael thank you, i’m very close to paying,

Samer

Last edited:
•••
We were bidding at godaddy auction for it, I believe some namepros members were bidding there too. I don't think that it was being sold at sedo.

Just pm @Michael here on Namepros or he is online sometimes throughout the day. If there is an error he will fix, the guy is beyond thorough when people report stuff.

•••
It did end at Sedo on the 25th for $141 with 9 bids. We only track expired auctions at GoDaddy so I can't really comment on that one, but I believe what you're saying. Maybe the seller started two auctions to see which one would close highest. That would obviously be a terrible idea because then he can't deliver on one of the platforms and might get banned.

Regardless, I went ahead and removed the record from Sedo since it obviously won't be completing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

•••
When can; @Michael Founder, CEO. Supports Namebio; collaborative effort willing share

I used to hate NameBio too, until i realized;
We’re spoiled in an industry shrouded secrecy.
Just wish easier way “report” incorrect listings.

@Michael thank you, i’m very close to paying,

Samer
Where did he say he hated NameBio? :) Anyway you can always shoot me an email, PM me here or post a thread and @ / me, submit our contact form, tweet at me, message me on FB, whatever you want to report an incorrect record (or report a sale). I'm pretty easy to reach.

It doesn't happen often enough to build functionality around reporting incorrect data though, and people would abuse it to try to remove records of their own purchases even when the information is correct.

•••
It did end at Sedo on the 25th for $141 with 9 bids. We only track expired auctions at GoDaddy so I can't really comment on that one, but I believe what you're saying. Maybe the seller started two auctions to see which one would close highest. That would obviously be a terrible idea because then he can't deliver on one of the platforms and might get banned.

Regardless, I went ahead and removed the record from Sedo since it obviously won't be completing. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thank you, I checked and the record about sedo was deleted. Thank you again for your time.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you, I checked and the record about sedo was deleted. Thank you again for your time.
My pleasure, thanks for giving permission to add the GoDaddy record as well.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back