IT.COM

.Name Promotion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anyone else take advantage of 1and1.com's 25 free .name promo? I believe it's good til the 20th of December...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nah, I am not a big fan of .name, free or not

•••
Me either, not a big fan, even free. Hehe

•••
dgridley said:
Anyone else take advantage of 1and1.com's 25 free .name promo? I believe it's good til the 20th of December...

I know I've posted my opinion before but I think the .NAME TLD is useless. Even if I got 25 free names, I don't think it would be worth the time it would take for me to market a .NAME domain. As Always, IMO.

AmCy

•••
Could be.. but I'm glad I was at least able to register my surname for an eventual genealogy site.. and I also registered a number of domain name related terms...

AmCy said:
I know I've posted my opinion before but I think the .NAME TLD is useless. Even if I got 25 free names, I don't think it would be worth the time it would take for me to market a .NAME domain. As Always, IMO.

AmCy

•••
dgridley said:
Could be.. but I'm glad I was at least able to register my surname for an eventual genealogy site.. and I also registered a number of domain name related terms...

Did you already have an account with them or did you register with them specifically for the promo?

-Allan

•••
I have two now, but not for resale. Free just isn't cheap enough yet for resale. :)

•••
dgridley said:

Do you have the URL link to that promo?

Thanks much

•••
I already had an account there now for quite some time.. the interface there is slow and clunky and domain transfers between buyers/sellers require a fax, etc. I've had no other problems tho other than it being annoying trying to access various functions.

I got 25 free info's there and availed myself of their $2.99 .name special previously.

IAmAllanShore said:
Did you already have an account with them or did you register with them specifically for the promo?

-Allan

•••
There was no URL as such.. you were instructed to login to your customer account and register them thru there.

You can't register for a free account at 1and1 (meaning you have to buy either hosting or a domain) so I guess you either have to be a new or existing customer to take advantage of this.

Incidentally, their domains are only $5.99 and .names are $2.99 to new customers. I'm assuming once you're a customer, this promotion is also available to you but don't quote me on that.

InteractAsia said:
Do you have the URL link to that promo?

Thanks much

•••
dgridley said:
Incidentally, their domains are only $5.99 and .names are $2.99 to new customers. I'm assuming once you're a customer, this promotion is also available to you but don't quote me on that.

That's what I was curious about :)

If I signed up and registered some .com tonight, could I register 25 free .name's t'mmorrow...

If anyone knows, I'd be in your debt.

-Allan

•••
1and1 has an 800# support number.. it's usually faster than their email support (sometimes 2 days, sometimes 1)...

I don't know if Tech and Billing are the same but Tech is 24 hour:

Technical Support
Call the number below for our free, expert technical support 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
1-877-HELP-AT-1AND1 (1-877-435-7281)

Oh yeah.. the first time you use a card with them they will do a Pending charge on it to verify but it comes back off.. and you don't actually get charged sometimes for a month after.

IAmAllanShore said:
That's what I was curious about :)

If I signed up and registered some .com tonight, could I register 25 free .name's t'mmorrow...

If anyone knows, I'd be in your debt.

-Allan

•••
Thanks David, I'll call them and find out.

-Allan

dgridley said:
1and1 has an 800# support number.. it's usually faster than their email support (sometimes 2 days, sometimes 1)...

I don't know if Tech and Billing are the same but Tech is 24 hour:

Technical Support
Call the number below for our free, expert technical support 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
1-877-HELP-AT-1AND1 (1-877-435-7281)

•••
How'd you make out?

IAmAllanShore said:
Thanks David, I'll call them and find out.

-Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back