Domain Empire

opinion Name for a domain portfolio website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Axc

Top Member
Impact
Hi,
I want to create a domain portfolio website with a catchy,memorable name and i would like some help and suggestions if possible.

All the good names in .com are gone and i will be using an alternative established extension.
I expect people to advice against this,but im willing to give it a shot

Which name would you choose and why? or why not?- Id love to hear your suggestions/alternatives please.
thanks

Here is my shortlist

brandseek
buybrands
idealnames
brandforce
maxnames
zipnames
brandlion
brandflow
startnames
namefox
namecore
<< my favourite but .com is a developed domain store so i guess its a no go?
flipnames

Any advice greatly appreciated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dont worry about redirects, people often sell those names

Dot worry about whats on the page either or if there is no "for sale" on the homepage, I have lots of names for sale with nothing on them

Good luck in your search though
I am going to pm you also with a name ive found if thats ok
Thanks all for the input so far

•••
First off what extensions will you be selling ? If they are .com and you are using an alt extension, you have already taught your sales prospects that alt extensions can work, so in a world of 700 extensions, one partner says to the other, "Why spend $5,000 on this guy's name ? He is using a non .com and so can we, let's use the savings for AdWords"

•••
com net and org mostly with a few xyz co.uk etc
First off what extensions will you be selling ? If they are .com and you are using an alt extension, you have already taught your sales prospects that alt extensions can work, so in a world of 700 extensions, one partner says to the other, "Why spend $5,000 on this guy's name ? He is using a non .com and so can we, let's use the savings for AdWords"
Again good advice,thanks,makes a lot of sense.
I think .com is and always will be the most respected and trusted extension,and anything less is compromise.You make a very good point.Thats why i would never use an xyz or similar for this kind of project.

•••
Any thoughts on (dot)domains as an extension?
viable option ?

•••
Thanks again for the valuable advice in this thread.

I followed @garptrader advice and checked godaddy.Some nice names available but not neccesarily what i was looking for.
@gilescoley @equity78 also gave great advice,as did all, and made me realise .com was the only viable option.So taking that into consideration,after much deliberation,It boiled down to three dot coms and in the end i handregged
NameBold.com

why? it starts with name,think pros silo cheap bio and i wanted a short dynamic keyword and ended up with bold.

(adjective, bolder, boldest.
not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger or rebuff; courageous and daring:
a bold hero.)

What are your thoughts? good bad indifferent?
feel free to critique,i can take it.

•••
I like namefox more than namebold

•••
me too but .com was taken
originally was going to go with co.uk (generally considered second most popular ext. in the uk)

•••
•••
namebold is ok, I guess.
But boldname should be better B-)
I regged CardboardDomains.com for the same purpose

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back