Domain Empire

opinion Name for a domain portfolio website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Axc

Top Member
Impact
Hi,
I want to create a domain portfolio website with a catchy,memorable name and i would like some help and suggestions if possible.

All the good names in .com are gone and i will be using an alternative established extension.
I expect people to advice against this,but im willing to give it a shot

Which name would you choose and why? or why not?- Id love to hear your suggestions/alternatives please.
thanks

Here is my shortlist

brandseek
buybrands
idealnames
brandforce
maxnames
zipnames
brandlion
brandflow
startnames
namefox
namecore
<< my favourite but .com is a developed domain store so i guess its a no go?
flipnames

Any advice greatly appreciated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BrandFlow
BrandSeek

are my favourite.

•••
Thank you ,may i ask any particular reason why?
Also,it wont just be brandables,thats why im leaning towards the "name" names

Last edited:
•••
They sound nice to me but I understand that they might not be the most suitable ones for your project if you are not selling only brandable domains.
Good luck.

•••
Thanks @photonmymind .Any one got other thoughts/suggestions?

•••
flipnames is not a good choice in any extension for dn portfolio. You clients are not coming to get flipped on, their focus should be on the brands.

buybrands and idealnames seem like much better fit for it.

And, if you can, still go with .com for the storefront, unless you specialize in other tlds.

I have got BrandCapitol and BrandTote in .com

If you are interested, pm me with an offer )

•••
which ext do you want to use?
and is this a sort of portofolio showcase/managemnt site?

•••
which ext do you want to use?
and is this a sort of portofolio showcase/managemnt site?
Its in a trusted established extension - il pm you
yes,a portfolio showcase site/storefront

•••
Namefox sounds nice but most of the others suck IMO.

I see these sort of threads from domainers periodically and find them interesting as they show the mentality of many end users - wanting to launch / promote an online business which will generate serious $$$ in annual sales and will involve spending big $$$ annually in advertising/marketing costs but arguing all the good names are taken and settling for a crappy reg fee domain to promote their business. There are good domains available but you will have to evaluate how serious you are about domaining. How much do you spend annually on acquisitions / renewals? What are your sales over the last year? Where do you see your domain venture heading over the next several years? I would not pay an overweight out of shape "personal trainer" $60/hour for training. If you cannot convince yourself of the value of having a good domain to promote your domain business, how will you convince an end user they should pay $XXXX for your domains?

•••
If you're going to choose an alternate extension then it's very important to make sure the name is easily memorable. Since you said you are creating a domain portfolio website but didn't mention that you would be specializing in brandables then you have to make the first word "Name". Try to choose something that is very easy to remember as the second word such as Box, Shop, Lab, Time, Zone, World, Star, Store etc.......

People won't remember a random name plus an alternate extension. One or the other but in my opinion not both. Keep it simple if you do plan on using something other than dotcom.

After saying all this I would choose NameFox only because it is the easiest to remember out of the bunch.

•••
Great advice im going to re-read your post a few times i think.
I personally dont think the names suck by any means but what you are saying does make a lot of sense and i appreciate the input @garptrader
food for thought.thanks

•••
@hookbox .Thanks for the input.I am still very much a beginner and this advice is greatly appreciated.

•••
Dont settle for a lesser extension!!

Rather change the name and get the .COM

Have you checked all the names to see if they are developed, if they aren't, just email the owner and ask "How much?"

•••
I would choose either idealnames or namecore.

•••
Dont settle for a lesser extension!!

Rather change the name and get the .COM

Have you checked all the names to see if they are developed, if they aren't, just email the owner and ask "How much?"
i did check and most are developed,but i did not think to reach out to the owners.Again good advice,appreciate it.However im on a limited budget.
so the general consensus is .com only?
its been put to me that dnportfolio is available in the extension i was going to use,but i guess this will only appeal to domainers?
thanks for the replies im learning a lot by listening to you guys

•••
i did check and most are developed,but i did not think to reach out to the owners.Again good advice,appreciate it.However im on a limited budget.
so the general consensus is .com only?
its been put to me that dnportfolio is available in the extension i was going to use,but i guess this will only appeal to domainers?
thanks for the replies im learning a lot by listening to you guys

as I said, I'd personally jump on dnportfolio no questions asked.
but that's your call.

I think anyone who wants to get a domain name. even if not fully familiar with dn abbreviation, will be able to add 2+2 and make dn=domain name out of it ;)

it's not like they're goign on your site to buy a big puppy.. then the abbreviaation woudl be BP.. they go there knowing its a domain name they want :)

GL

•••
I would choose either idealnames or namecore.
Thanks
namecore is my favourite but .com is a developed domain store-so no go i dont think.
Reading the thread im now thinking .com but the kinda names i want im imagining wont come cheap -as already said im on limited budget but what @garptrader said really makes sense.Im a hobbyist but want to act/be as professional as possible and a site needs to reflect that.Plenty to think on

•••
any thoughts on dn(keyword) ?

•••
i did check and most are developed

brandseek.com - not developed
buybrands.com - not developed
idealnames.com - not developed
brandforce.com - developed
maxnames.com - not developed
zipnames.com - not developed
brandlion.com - not developed
brandflow.com - developed
startnames.com - not developed
namefox.com - not developed

•••
Suggestion - run a search at Godaddy auctions for .COM domains 15 characters and under which contain the characters "DN" or "DOM" or "NAMES". You may find some interesting brandables. Also consider keywords such as "store" "mall" "shop" "great" "cool" "market" "detective" "spy"

•••
I like "BrandSeek", short and brandable imho :xf.smile:

•••
•••
brandseek.com - not developed
buybrands.com - not developed
idealnames.com - not developed
brandforce.com - developed
maxnames.com - not developed
zipnames.com - not developed
brandlion.com - not developed
brandflow.com - developed
startnames.com - not developed
namefox.com - not developed
showing my newbishness here but i figured redirects count as developed/in use
heres what i found
namefox-redirects to twitter for me
zipnames-doesnt resolve-shows title in tab
brandseek -over budget
buybrands-for sale no price shown
maxnames-parked no for sale sign
startnames- redirects to creditstore.org
brandlion-parked no for sale sign
idealnames-redirects to wn.com

only two of the total names are definately for sale

•••
Suggestion - run a search at Godaddy auctions for .COM domains 15 characters and under which contain the characters "DN" or "DOM" or "NAMES". You may find some interesting brandables. Also consider keywords such as "store" "mall" "shop" "great" "cool" "market" "detective" "spy"
Thanks,will do this-i am going to pm you now with one dnkeyword .com i have found to gauge your thoughts

•••
Dont worry about redirects, people often sell those names

Dot worry about whats on the page either or if there is no "for sale" on the homepage, I have lots of names for sale with nothing on them

Good luck in your search though

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back