Dynadot

Name Drive's Big Secret

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Go to namedrive.com....I wonder what they're big COMING SOON countdown is for.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice Spotlight Addition ;)

NameDriver said:
Hi Mark,

This is something that people have mentioned to us a couple of times and we are very interested in the idea of it. It is not something which is difficult to implement (we were thinking of putting it somewhere in the domain settings page - like the current comments section for internal use). Our fears are people adding 'CLICK ADS BELOW FOR PRIZES' as their meta titles - yes people would do it, you wouldn't believe the lengths some people would go to.
However, it is something we will seriously consider. The capitalization tool does make two word domains look better in the title now - somedomain.com becoming SomeDomain.com.
You can also do meta tags if you URL forward the domain.

I'd look forward to releasing this and then having the normal "I'd rather have no meta tags and my $500 clicks at XX than my 0 cent clicks with ND"...

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Ed

Thanks for the response ;)

Yeah - I know the reasons for limiting the titles etc .. - I've seen many of these tricks as well. I think maybe a PHP comparison script or something could eliminate this problem on the actual title .... Not sure how hard that would be to implement though. If the Title doesn't match within a certain percentage of the domain - It would be rejected.

Code:
<?php

$match = similar_text($proposedtitle, $domainname, $percent);
    $percent = round($percent, 2);
 	if ($percent >= "60") {
header( 'Location: approvedtitle.php' ) ;
    } else {
header( 'Location: deniedtitle.php' ) ;
	}

?>

Very rough of course here - But anything matching above 60% would be approved in this case ;)

•••
Hi guys,

Sorry I've been offline for a bit having been at the DomainFest in Amsterdam. The rush to try out the services yesterday was pretty big and, as some of our team were at the conference, it meant we had a backlog which has now been cleared out.
These are still the early days and we are trying to iron out the wrinkles as we proceed with it. Later on today, you'll be able to search the 200 domains on park and sell and sort them by various factors and we'll continue to tweak and fix things as time goes by.

Ed

•••
I think I know where ill be buying my revenue domain names now.

•••
I have to say , I put one domain in the "Park and Sell" section , And got an offer immediately. I didnt take the offer serious at first (Not really in to selling .com's if I don't have to) but then noticed the offer is for 20 months Revenue. Thats not the highest Rev offer I've seen , But it's more than most within "Domainers" ;)

•••
Very nice.

Any chance of implementing some sort of seller feedback system? In other words after buyer receives domain they submit positive feedback for seller. Simply not practical to use escrow for lower value transactions - feedback system gives buyer some confidence they will receive domain without using escrow.

Some sort of search capability for domains for sale would be useful. Be nice for example to be able to look at only .com domains for example with monthly revenue falling in a certain range. Or domains falling in a certain price range.

•••
ginggang said:
My one that got through is there (.mobi) on park and sell.

Two of my mine were declined yesterday, the third submitted today and the fourth declined today. I removed them from the park and sell area and tried to re-submit and they are saying they are already submitted... :?

Got my answer today. Seems it's selective Park and Sell

"Most of the names were declined because they did not have much revenue
to be able to base a proper estimate of their worth off of. Also, we can
only allow names on P&S when we can absolutely guarantee the quality and
validity of the traffic and the names did not have very stable traffic."

I know it's Beta but I did'nt read that on the site. Also makes no sense as there are domains on there with no traffic and no revenue.

•••
Hi guys,

Glad to hear some positive first experiences. I know that a revenue market isn't right up everyone's street, but we feel there is enough demand for one and are looking to take this onto the next level.
We will have a sort of bidder feedback system in place.
Our first priority is a search on the homepage which will be coming shortly.

As far as our criteria for accepting domains is concerned. They are basically threefold:
1. They must have at least 1$ revenue in the last 30 days. These are sales based on revenue only, so this is obviously the most important factor. We will be introducing a BIN and general sales platform in due course
2. We must be sure that the traffic quality and origin is genuine. If one member is linking all his sites from Craigslist, as one person who submitted domains was, then we cannot allow them to be sold on the platform as the traffic will plummet once those links are removed.
3. They cannot be offensive or clear TM violations. We try to keep these to a minimum.

Hope this clears up the situation somewhat and that you continue to enjoy using the new services.

Ed

•••
Good reply Ed...

I am happy had 3 bids now on 2 domains.. very poor bids but hey it shows people are looking which is good enough for me..

Even though i think you could be a bit more open minded with names for park and sell.. You turned down some very good 1 word .com, .co.uk and other extensions of mine which are worth money but becuase a dodgy one had a dollar on it this was accepted.

Good program though i like it.

PS. how the hell are some of them names getting all that traffic and money.. i see some on there at have earnt $500+ in the last 30 days yet the name is junk.. lol

•••
Yeah, there is definitely something fishy with some names.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back