Name.com looking to help a food bank keep it’s home

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Name.com is looking for help in saving a Denver based food bank, they put up a page on Name.com and provided a video below. I have no affiliation and was not asked to post this I just think it’s a cool thing they are doing and any publicity helps. Since 1967, The Community Ministry of […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for posting that, would have missed it otherwise.

•••
I have tried a couple of times to donate a couple of domain names Eg 1 or 2
to organisations that help people in my community but they don't recognise domain names as having any value and I have yet to find a broker in 5 years or so

Although the modern way is for any individual in financial difficulty is for that individual to make a video Eg vlog using a smartphone explaining their situation and uploading their video to youtube and adding a paypal link where people donate directly to the individual which removes the need for charities and does not need to pay any charity associated costs Eg staff wages of people that work for charities etc

But there should be a couple of domain name brokers and a couple of domain name flippers that work together and that would work for free if a domain name investor donated a domain name for free so that the proceeds of the sale of a donated domain name could go to the charity or good cause of the person that donated the domain name etc

Last edited:
•••
Although the modern way is for any individual in financial difficulty is for that individual to make a video Eg vlog using a smartphone explaining their situation and uploading their video to youtube and adding a paypal link where people donate directly to the individual which removes the need for charities and does not need to pay any charity associated costs Eg staff wages of people that work for charities etc
This will create room for questionable characters to defraud people. An organization will better do a background check before helping out.

•••
The problem is that society is decades behind the times as it doesn't understand that people aren't going to pay landlords a third of their wages to sleep on a bed when they can buy a van for a third of one years rent and live in it and not have to pay a mortgage or rent ever again but occasionally living this lifestyle they come unstuck when faced with expensive vehicle repairs etc and usually can't afford to get their vehicle repaired which has is all they need not for councils to pay a landlord so that they can live in a house etc Just £300-400 vehicle repairs and that's it etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back