Domain Empire

My web hunt

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
This is another experiment, and I'd be grateful for comments from other members.

I've just registered MyWebHunt.com, and I have an application for this. It's legal and doesn't involve malware or any for of download or installation. So what is the problem? It seems that MyWebHunt was used by a malware installer to reset home pages and searches on surfers computers. Do you think I have got a chance to use this name for a legitimate site? Or is it tarnished forever?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stay away from names that have a bad reputation. A site that has been black listed by Google will not show up in the google results. Also, think of any company name that has been run through the mud....most likely you will always remember it for being that company that did something wrong or illegal. That's why these type of companies always try to rebrand themselves by using another name.

•••
"my web search" is the famous one in this niche. I wanted a name to use for a personal site to help me to search various forum boards, and other websites. This name seems to have had a bit of a chequered past -
Domain Status Deleted And Available Again
Whois History 120 records have been archived since 2007-10-26
Whois History
IP History 54 changes on 30 unique IP addresses over 11 years

Registrar History 7 registrars with 4 drops

Hosting History 22 changes on 14 unique name servers over 9 years

Anyway, I'll set up some searches on the site, and post a link in my sig in case it helps anybody else.

•••
If that happened long time ago, I don't see why you can't use the domain today. Go for it.

Regarding not showing up in Google, all you have to do is setup a legit website, and send Google a reconsideration request (that is, IF the domain is still blacklisted in Google, otherwise, you are set to go).

Good luck,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back