Domain Empire

advice My Typical “Lowball” Offer Response

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
One of the most difficult aspects of domain name sales is that many people still have no idea how much a domain name is worth. It is always a bit humorous to receive a $100 offer shortly after receiving a 5 figure offer for the same domain name. Although it can be slightly frustrating to deal with uneducated offers, it comes with the territory. If there was a pricing model for domain names, it would be more difficult to get good deals, so I will take the uneducated “lowball” offers...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's frustrating to end-users that so many domainers are delusional with their asking price . Just because you're asking for a certain price doesn't mean that's what it's worth. The market determines what something is worth. Anyone who has ever sold a home understands this.

•••
It's frustrating to end-users that so many domainers are delusional with their asking price . Just because you're asking for a certain price doesn't mean that's what it's worth. The market determines what something is worth. Anyone who has ever sold a home understands this.

who are you to tell a domain is not worth the asking price?

its my domain
so I can quote what is worth to me

you don't need to agree
but you don't know why I quote that price

so you have no clue
take it for granted

•••
•••
A domain is not worth what YOU decide it is worth just because you place a price on it.
A domain is worth whatever figure you are being offered at any given time.

Wait and you shall receive a fair figure, given the domain is not a heap of turd.

•••
A domain is not worth what YOU decide it is worth just because you place a price on it.
A domain is worth whatever figure you are being offered at any given time.

Wait and you shall receive a fair figure, given the domain is not a heap of turd.

au contraire my friend:
a domain is exactly worth
what I am willing to let it go for

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back