IT.COM

.info My theory regarding 3-letter .info domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I did a bit of research, and I can almost guarantee these will become very big in about a year.

Firstly, 3-letter .coms would sell for $400-$800 per name about a year ago, now you can't get one lower than $1000...

Look at some recent 3-letter .info sales:

HBW.info - $1000
IPX.info - $1300
IIP.info - $1000
HMS.info - $10,500
KFZ.info - $5000

I know most of these are German buyers, but man, these are selling like .com 3-letter domains. I also think with the new .info promotion they will become more valuable when people realize names like these have all been regged.

What do you think about the future of 3-letter .info domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WOw, i now realise, iam a little too late in this domain business :(.

•••
i think that it will rise, too bad i don't have any

•••
Well, a domain's value depends on the seller and buyer. So I will say all extensions have their own potential, depending on what are being registered with them. :)

•••
GT,

I hope you are right...and I do tend to agree. I think the future of all 3-letter domains is very positive. As 3-letter .com values continue to grow, it only makes sense that the values of the other 3-Letter domains in the gTLD's will grow as well.

I guess this theory makes folks like Elequa really look like a genius, although he says he'll never sell any his collection of 10's of thousands of the limited number of 3-letter gTLD supply (and I believe him by the way). Further, it may actually account for why the values continue to rise...lesser supply of a limited total quantity (of purchasable 3-letter names) = higher demand for remaining supply and thus higher prices.

Time will tell and rock on .info!!
:) Andrew

•••
I have 4 pretty good 3-letter .info domains tucked away in hiding and the more I see positive 3-letter sales the brighter the future of those names become

•••
GT Web said:
What do you think about the future of 3-letter .info domains?

I think their future looks great. I sold TOI.info for $1,000 myself. I think 3-letter prices will escalate in .biz and .us as well. They are all gone and those with common letters have thousands of potential buyers that have company names matching the various acronyms. .US may be the real sleeper. A new
report says country code domains are the fastest growing segment of the market (now making up nearly 40% of all registrations).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back