Domain Empire

My Rookie Year in the Domain Business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
For your Sunday morning reading pleasure, a new Cover Story is out at Domain Name Journal

My First Year in the Domain Business: A Rookie's Diary

Why make the same newbie mistakes when someone else has already made them for you and will tell you the traps to avoid? The writer didn't sell a single domain his first five months in the business. He sold over 150 the next 7 months and is now sitting on a tidy profit and 475 domains that have all been paid for with proceeds from previous sales. Find out how it happened in this article (home delivery included at no extra charge!).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Very good reading. Thanks Duke!

•••
I just read it

Great journalism

Keep them coming

•••
Excellent article Duke! Content on your site is getting better all the time. I'm impressed.

Btw, thanks for mentioning NamePros!

•••
Thanks for all of your kind comments. Right now I have too many projects up in the air, but one of these days I hope to be able to devote almost full time to DNJ so we can keep improving the content and updating it on a continual basis. We are laying the foundation for something that I think can be much bigger. There are lots of great stories, people and companies in this business, so there will never be a shortage of material - that's for sure!

•••
Can't say it enough, Ron ... THANK YOU for providing such an insightful and important resource to the domain name community!
Happy Memorial Day!
B-)

•••
Re: My Rookie Year in the Domain Business

Originally posted by Duke
For your Sunday morning reading pleasure, a new Cover Story is out at Domain Name Journal

My First Year in the Domain Business: A Rookie's Diary

Why make the same newbie mistakes when someone else has already made them for you and will tell you the traps to avoid? The writer didn't sell a single domain his first five months in the business. He sold over 150 the next 7 months and is now sitting on a tidy profit and 475 domains that have all been paid for with proceeds from previous sales. Find out how it happened in this article (home delivery included at no extra charge!).

As always, Well done Duke!

•••
That's really cool! Thanks!

•••
Is there an article called A Rookie's Diary? or the whole site is dedicated that matter?

VERY interested...

•••
Found it, GREAT article!!!!!!!

•••
•••
Great article, thank you for sharing.

•••
•••
A *MUST READ* for all "Domain Newbies" here ... though seasoned Pro's would also be wise to re-read it every now and then, as well, IMHO. :D
Thanks.

•••
Wonderful insight into the domain industry. Thanks for sharing even though this thread is a bit old.

•••
Originally posted by Cindy
Wonderful insight into the domain industry. Thanks for sharing even though this thread is a bit old.

That's OK - so am I. :lol:

•••
P.S. One thing scares me. Looking back at that top post I had 475 domains just two months ago. Now I have over 675! These things breed faster than rabbits - is there some way to have them neutered?!

•••
wow you have aLOT of domains.

•••
Originally posted by Duke
P.S. One thing scares me. Looking back at that top post I had 475 domains just two months ago. Now I have over 675! These things breed faster than rabbits - is there some way to have them neutered?!

I'd be happy to take a few of those nice .orgs you've been grabbing lately. Give a few of those away and you'd probably feel like you've been neutered D-:

I'll PM you my enom id ;)

:lol:
Cheers Duke!

•••
Originally posted by NameCaster
I'd be happy to take a few of those nice .orgs you've been grabbing lately. Give a few of those away and you'd probably feel like you've been neutered D-:

I'll PM you my enom id ;)

:lol:
Cheers Duke!

That's what I love about you NC - you're always willing to lend a helping hand! :)

•••
Awe shucks Duke:red:
What are friends for...
Besides I have plenty of room in my enom account anytime you need it ;)

Blocks of 10 is fine for now.
After all we don't want to neuter you to fast. Maybe it would be better if we started pushing the .coms first as I know how fond you are of some of those .orgs your horting..uh..em.. I mean holding.
:D

Cheers!

•••
•••
yep. Great read thanks Duke. :)

•••
Congratulations on your first year in the Domain business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back