Domain Empire

information My first year of domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silgro12

Top Member
Impact
On this day, a year ago I joined Namepros community and started with domaining. Till today I made around 2000$ profit with 85% sales ratio (including small sales from 1$-10$ profit and medium from 50$-500$ profit). All my good sales was in last 3 months period so my learning process was very long. I just want to thank all community for great threads and tips and especially to members who helped me answering my questions.

For newbies: Never give up!! I almost give up 3 times but Im glad I didnt. Read as much as possible and consider domaining as a fun way to make money.

Goals for next year:
1. Make x,xxx$ sale
2. understand brandables
3. earn 5000$+ profit

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many domains did you buy within this 12 months period and what was the price range you bought them for ?

If I understand well, you sold 85% of them. What about the rest ? Are they high value that you keep for later on, or left over that did not even sell at a distressed price ?

•••
How many domains did you buy within this 12 months period and what was the price range you bought them for ?

If I understand well, you sold 85% of them. What about the rest ? Are they high value that you keep for later on, or left over that did not even sell at a distressed price ?
I bought 30 in price range 5-30$, 4 of them left, 2 will expire and 2 I will keep and try to make some profit on them

•••
•••
Nice Job buddy. Keep going.

Regards and Best Wishes for your coming year :)

•••
•••
So what is the best place to sell? What about your practice in this?

•••
•••
I have most luck with contacting end users

How do you found them? Facebook? By google? Search companies and then write them?

•••
I have most luck with contacting end users

I would definitely like to learn something on this topic as well - Contacting end users. I don't expect the exact strategy to be revealed. But It would be informative to us newbies to know how we can kick start our way into contacting end users in an effective and respectable manner.

•••
How do you found them? Facebook? By google? Search companies and then write them?
google,bing,namedroppers,yahoo,linkedin,twitter etc. The more creative you are= more end user you will find

•••
•••
great post and well done. is there any advice you would give new comers now that you wish you had known 12 months ago?

•••
great post and well done. is there any advice you would give new comers now that you wish you had known 12 months ago?

For newbies: Never give up!! I almost give up 3 times but Im glad I didnt. Read as much as possible and consider domaining as a fun way to make money.

And he has answered to a valuable question, you may find it if you read through the thread :)

•••
Good work. This demonstrates the amount of work that would be required to make a living from domaining (ten times as much as you made) and why most people don't make a living from it.

Be careful about contacting end users, most people call that spamming.

Overall I have lost money on domains (despite a 5K sale for a reg fee name) but I made my living for ten years from my own sites (selling a PHP script mainly).

•••
i read that bit thanks , just wondered if there were any other pearls of wisdom or specific details he had to share thats all cheers

•••
•••
•••
congrates bro have happy domaining

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back