IT.COM

My first threatening letter...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I got the following email from a registrar where I have a name registered (at least it looks like it's from them):

Sent : Monday, October 3, 2005 3:50 AM
To : <[email protected]>
Subject : mairiedeparis.fr

Dear Customer,

You have registered via e-zone.fr the domain name mairiedeparis.fr.

We have receive a complain about this registration by the owner of the trademark mairie de pairis. Acoordingly with our general condition, you are please to send us in a 3days delay a proof that you also have a right on this name.

In the case of you canno't proof a rignt on this name in the 3 days, the domain name will be transfered to the owner of the trademark without any payback from our parts.

Please confirm us the reception of this message !

Regards,

StΓ©phane Riesen
Customer Service
e-Zone.fr
www.e-zone.fr

Mairiedeparis.fr is my domain. It was included in a bulk buy. The term means "Town Hall of Paris". It seems to me that this set of words is too vague to have trademark protection but who knows? I REALLY don't want to lose this name!

Does anyone know how I can find out if they have a valid trademark on the name and/or if they can take it from me in only 3 days? How should I proceed? Should I contact them or wait it out to see what happens?

Help!!! :yell:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lmfao, thats funny.. dont believe that **** !!!! they can't even spell.

•••
briman, allow them to take the domain from you, it really isn't worth risking a legal battle over it. They have all legal advantages over you possible. Count yourself lucky you're not being threatened for directly using their trademark.

•••
I'm screwed.

I wouldn't put it that way. If you concluded, based on a review of the terms to which you agreed, that the terms are being followed, then that fits most definitions of "fair".

•••
It dosent seem that legit, I would contact the admin of that site and see if they really sent you it. And theres alot of spelling errors.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back