IT.COM

My Email to CEO of CrazyDomains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I think this is the best section to post this mail because it is a kind of review. I may look stupid here but it was a lifetime experience for me... :D

Hello Mr. CEO,

Just read this mail for once. I found this email address on Google. As you are the head of crazy domains , I thought I should personally share my experience with you that why Crazy Domains is the worse registrar ever.
When a person like me searches for good domain name and at the end when he/she finds the domain he/she comes to your website and your company is not able to purchase that domain for him/her.
I was waiting for pendrive.info domain to drop and when it dropped I placed an order on your website but still I got a mail that my domain is pending approval. I called customer care immediately and I asked her to approve it immediately. She said "I would suggest it to buy it from another registrar because our registry server is down and the domain cannot be registered tonight".
After hearing this told her to cancel my order and I rushed to Godaddy but when I was about to checkout the domain got registered by someone else.
Are you kidding me?
You company is not reliable. Your servers are so bad that your website takes 5 times more time than other registrars to load.
If your company cant buy good servers for own use how can you sell hosting to others?
Once I backordered a domain with you guys and you were not able to catch it.
What are you good at?
I have got few domains in my account with you I will be shifting them soon to somewhere else where people are reliable.

Thanks and Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will not comment on "I would suggest it to buy it from another registrar because our registry server is down and the domain cannot be registered tonight", which sound really unprofessional if they said so, but if your backordering at any regular registrar (e.g goDaddy, Dynadot, etc) even though you paying higher price, it is not much better than trying to register it by hand when it becomes available. If you really want the dropping name, use services like Snapnames that really specialize at drop catching. Be ready to pay at least $60 per name that they catch for you successfully (and more if someone else would bid on it as well).

•••
Hi @dompro ,
Thank you for such great explanation. I think I knew most of it.
But I also think that karma was trying to teach me something today.
Thanks again.. :)

•••
If you really want the dropping name, use services like Snapnames that really specialize at drop catching. Be ready to pay at least $60 per name that they catch for you successfully (and more if someone else would bid on it as well).
That is good advice. Recently I back-ordered a domain with GoChina domains (sister registrar to GoDaddy) for a dropping .me name, and it was successful. But in retrospect it probably was because no one else was chasing it.

•••
GoDaddy and it's resellers are not serious players in the drop-catch marketplace, even if they have a lot of registrars knocking on the registry doors. If you backorder at GoDaddy, you have more chances because a GoDaddy backorder users the servers of all it's resellers. But if you backorder at a reseller, they only use that resellers servers. So you are probably correct in your assumption that nobody else had backordered the domain elsewhere.

For serious drop-catching you should use dedicated drop-catchers like SnapNames, NameJet, Pheenix.

•••
She said "I would suggest it to buy it from another registrar because our registry server is down and the domain cannot be registered tonight".
Thanks and Regards

Your Reaction
^^^^^^^
wutt.gif

CrazyDomains
^^^^^^^^
wyfail.gif

brtstrp.gif

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back