IT.COM

discuss Multiple landers per domain served randomly

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wis

Impact
Hey everyone,

New here, first post actually but not to domaining.. I've been lurking around this forum for quite a while now and thought I might just as well post and join in on the action.

I enjoyed reading many of the very informative posts on here, learned quite a lot actually, but was curious to know if anyone has tried assigning multiple landers from different platforms at the same time to be served randomly with a TTL of 3/5 minutes to 10 minutes set per assigned IP based on the type of lander/form ie. 3/5 minutes for platforms that would redirect yourdomain.com to the platform's url/domain page and 10 minutes for landers that retain yourdomain.com in the URL giving leads ample time to fill out and submit their enquiries before the cached root A record expires (with a CNAME record for the www subdomain pointing to the root).

My portfolio consists of top category / high type-in ccTLDs and I receive anywhere between 4 to 7 figure (1,xxx,xxx) offers but not close to what I wish to sell them for. I mainly list on Afternic, Sedo, Uniregistry and DAN, and most of the 6 to 7 figure offers I receive are through direct contact via the whois registered email with some through Sedo and DAN. I also noticed that some platforms' landers are terrible at being indexed by search engines due to the way their pages were coded and in many cases Google/Bing/etc. reject them from being indexed which translates into lost organic traffic and potential leads.

The thing is, when moving domains across platforms to mitigate these indexing issues, traffic gaps are inadvertently created and I have to explain why such gaps exit to prospect buyers which sometimes impede or hinder the whole negotiation / sales process.

I have not experimented with this approach yet and wanted to know if it has been done, pros/cons, before committing to it. I don't mind spreading the traffic just as long as organic traffic is included for maximum exposure.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so okay for SEo purposes what i recommend is the following, first of all there are ways to tell google not to index the page as is etc, i would even r recommend a 302 redirect to a marketplace listing if you understand what i mean so you have a marketplace on epik or squadhelp, you 302 the domain to that doains listing there. 302 tells google not to push the SEO juice to that site and things remain pretty square

•••
so okay for SEo purposes what i recommend is the following, first of all there are ways to tell google not to index the page as is etc, i would even r recommend a 302 redirect to a marketplace listing if you understand what i mean so you have a marketplace on epik or squadhelp, you 302 the domain to that doains listing there. 302 tells google not to push the SEO juice to that site and things remain pretty square

Not sure I follow you. I want my domains to be indexed, whether by the domain url ie. yourdomain.com or the platforms' landers url, for the added exposure.

Some platforms' landers don't get indexed because of the reason I shared so how would a 302 remedy this when the troublesome landers use rel="canonical" pointing to the platform's domain url? Also, by using a 302 redirect to a specific marketplace, I'm limiting that domain's direct traffic to just that marketplace which defeats what I am trying to achieve by both having the domains indexed and using multiple random landers for maximum exposure.

Am I missing something? SEO is not my forte so I may have to do some extra reading on that.

•••
To be indexed or not indexed by Google....that is the question? Any answers out there? Your idea sounds creative and a new approach to landers. Any input from the SEO pros would be appreciated here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back