NameSilo

strategy Multiple auctions for the same Domian Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rubencouto

DN FrontTop Member
Impact
Hello!

Is there any inconvenient of listing the same domain name in several auction sites (Godaddy, Flippa and Sedo)?
On the upside I think this strategy provides more exposure.
But are there any downsides?
Do these sites allow this?
Have you had any negative experience doing this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, I am sure its against all there policies to have it listed in multiple marketplaces.

Stick to one.

•••
No, I am sure its against all there policies to have it listed in multiple marketplaces.

Stick to one.

Exactly right. If you are running an auction on Flippa for 30 days and a 7 day auction on Go Daddy you will have two winners for the same domain.

People list their domain names for sale many places, that is allowed. You can list at Flippa catalog, Sedo,Afternic and Go Daddy, it is best not to have different buy it now prices, and if you sell a domain, immediately remove from the other sites.

If you want a live auction you have to make a choice, for example if it were a .io domain I would list it at Flippa, another niche may work better at Go Daddy.

It is the same on forums, years ago people would start $1 auction here and DNF. Exposure is one thing, setting up a situation that will fail at one site is not an option.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back