Dynadot

MSN tech preview

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Have you tried the new MSN tech preview?

http://techpreview.search.msn.com

Gives better and more relevant results than Google. Why? Several of my sites are in top positions for their keywords :)

The link:command shows ALL the back links pointing to your site. So if your site has 10,000 links pointing to it, you can see all the URLs. Google just shows a sampling, which are mainly forum posts. Google updates their back links approximately once a month. MSN shows links only a couple of days old. These features are really handy for those involved in an aggresive link campaign.

I hope MSN launches this new search engine soon.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks interesting. But how do you get to the second page of results?

•••
Interesting...will MSN clone Google?

•••
The "next" page is a mystery right now. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not :) At the moment there is also no provision to "fast forward" to the farther pages in the results.

I hope MSN will not be a Google clone. Because in the SEO/SEM circles we have a term "Google is Broken". Google has been displaying irrelevant results lately. Backlink updates are so weird.

•••
MSN tech is not bringing any results for me. All searches say:
No results found.
I guess it must be down at the moment.

•••
The reason why it gives better results is that the SEO's aren't spamming results for it yet. Give it a few months after it goes public and all bets are off.

•••
aww said:
The reason why it gives better results is that the SEO's aren't spamming results for it yet. Give it a few months after it goes public and all bets are off.

Could be. But my sites can sure use the extra mileage before that happens. Every "marginal" SEO should know that. Think about, for example, just 3 months in the first page of your chosen keyphrase. Then MSN can alter their present algo to deal with the "black hat" SEO practices.

BTW, I hope you're not under the impression that all SEO/SEM uses "black hat" or "spamming" tactics. It's just not fair to us trying to play on a level field.

Thanks.

•••
NY Times and Reuters reported that the new MSN Search will be launched tomorrow!

I hope it gives G strong competion :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back