IT.COM

MSN or Google who's going to win?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
In this month's Fortune magazine, on the cover is Bill Gates. It is the top story for this month. Mostly it goes on to say that Microsoft has missed out on a lot of products/services, but will come out on top. Such as an digital music player (iPod) and a search engine (Google). Bill Gates claims that Google is just another Netscape. Bill Gates says, "once Microsoft is done with MSN search, people will look back at the way we googled for things and laugh."

Do you think Microsoft will come out on top like it has before? Personally, I don't know what to think. This is going to be one of the biggest battles between tech companies that we have seen in a while. The result can only lead to better products/services for the consumer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
google has the edge imo....

unless MSN does some drastic changes...change Hotmail's layout...give it simplicity...
more space..etc....

make msn.com load faster!!..lol

•••
se said:
google has the edge imo....

unless MSN does some drastic changes...change Hotmail's layout...give it simplicity...
more space..etc....

make msn.com load faster!!..lol

Sometime, I wonder why's all the focus on those text ads, and those empty design.

To me hotmail is simple (even if I dont use it), more space would be good. But thats not because gmail have a better mailing technology than hotmail that it is a more powerfull marketing tool. Hotmail mailboxes outnumbers GMail boxes by a googol, and that really is the only things that matters.

Also, to me image & flash banner looks way more attracting than those damn ugly, and boring adwords.

Edit: Yeah, 500 posts.

•••
MSN vs Google

I just want to point this out to the fourm..and see what people think...

The way I see, MSN with explorer could have an edge if they use the ADDRESS typin information...(database of who is typing what address and which domain address with extension is used more...). Because the purest way of finding out who is going where is by knowing who is typing what in MSN Explorer

What do you guys think..? Agree or not....Google does not have this info, Overture does not have this...they can only tell us which keywords or keywords with extension are being searched for but not direct typein in the address bar ...only MSN or a browser can tell us that...

•••
I agree, hopefully it won't raise any security issues if they decide to go that route.

•••
i found that msn search is doing more aggressive crawling than google.
my sites are listed in msn way faster than in google.

•••
LeDomain said:
What do you guys think..? Agree or not....Google does not have this info, Overture does not have this...they can only tell us which keywords or keywords with extension are being searched for but not direct typein in the address bar ...only MSN or a browser can tell us that...
I think a lot of people would object to this. Microsoft need to be very cautious when collecting personal data from people. Also, by collecting this data it won't tell them much either. Search engines don't want to show what people are typing in to their browsers - they want to show what people search for. They need to show the best sites for their search, not the most popular sites.

I hope I have explained well! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back