IT.COM

domain Mrlo.com (I pronounce it as Merlot or Mr. Low)

NameSilo
Watch

DynamicDK

Impact
So, a couple of months ago I picked up mrlo.com from an auction on a Bitcoin related forum. The domain isn't related to Bitcoin, but the owner of the domain wanted to be paid in BTC.

Anyway, I figured that a 4 premium letter .com that is semi-pronounceable should have some value, and I actually was considering developing it into a drop shipping website. Since mrlo could be pronounced as merlot, my first thought was a wine drop shipping website, with the name Merlot, Reisling, and Libations Online. However, due to varying US state laws on shipping wine, that seemed to be a bit difficult. Mr. Lo also seemed like it would fit, as I could market it as a place for discount goods.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to really develop it, so I've been considering selling the domain. I have a friend that collects 3 and 4 letter premium domains, and develops them, who is interested, and the owners of mrlo.org have also expressed interest (mrlo.org is Medical Radiation Learning Online). Both have asked me how much I want to sell the domain for, but I don't want to ask a price that is so high that it isn't reasonable. At the same time, I don't want to underprice it.

Does anyone have an idea for a baseline price for this? What is the absolute lowest that you could see this being worth, or the highest you think I could get for it? I want to be able to give both parties a starting number, and see how they feel about that. If one is willing to do that price, and the other isn't, then I'll have a sale. On the other hand, if they are both willing at that price, then I can let them bid against one another until it hits a limit.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request, and I hope that someone can help me!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That sounds good. Maybe $XXX.
Good luck.

•••
Never put the full domain on a public forum when in negotiations, the potential buyer could easily do a search and find this and it can affect your price/negotiations

It really depends on how much you paid for it when it comes to determining a sales price

Good luck

•••
I don't follow the LLLL market closely, but from what I can see, you shouldn't go much below $500-$600 if you are just looking to dump it. I would aim for $2500-$3000 if I was really looking to sell fairly soon. All nice letters, the mr could be Mr., Lo is a common chinese name, and could be used to express "low." No weak letters, and at least one obvious end user. Probably several more if you dig a bit.

Last edited:
•••
MrLo is also developed in other extensions, so keep your options open

.DE
.CN
.CO.KR
.CA

•••
Looks like 2k minimum.
Good luck with this great name!

•••
Never put the full domain on a public forum when in negotiations, the potential buyer could easily do a search and find this and it can affect your price/negotiations

It really depends on how much you paid for it when it comes to determining a sales price

Good luck

I actually thought about that before posting it, but I wanted to get an accurate estimate. I'm not looking to demand an unreasonable price, or try to screw anyone over. I just want to have a solid for the base domain. Thanks for the advice though. In the future, I'll be careful to avoid that.

My assumption is that these estimates are mostly for the fact that it is a quad premium letter .com that is also pronounceable. I'm sure that it could be worth more to someone that owns one of the other mrlo domains, if they have the funds to buy it.

I guess I will see.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back