Dynadot

Most Powerful Computer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

buyselldoms

Established Member
Impact
Just out of curiosity, what is the most powerful single non-supercomputer physical desktop or server computer you can buy as of July 2014?

I hear a lot about supercomputing these days (as do we all) but what is the true most powerful machine with a single motherboard?! Doesn't matter if its stock or overclocked with water cooling or mineral oil etc

Powerful being fastest processing power, fastest and highest capacity RAM, best graphics processing etc

I know you can get motherboards with quad sockets on server boards... this is alright, by definition single motherboard obviously exclude blade machines or similar where standalone systems plugin to backplane boards etc. It can either be custom-built with components or off the shelf computer.

Just curious, anyone got any contenders?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is depend on your budget. I think Intel core i7 is the good.

•••
If you want to know what the current most powerful system is, it will be a custom built.
I'd go to pcpartpicker.com and select the tab with performance in ascending -> decending order
If you pick all the most powerful parts, that custom computer will be the most powerful that a consumer can get their hands on.
You will likely find however there is a reason we use multiple computers, but I will let you find that out :)

•••
Hello
I think Intel core i7 -4790k is the best.

•••
I've heard about Cray XC30 system installed at the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre as one of the supercomputers.

•••
Hello Erin, i didn't heard about Cray XC30 system, but i make a search and found its really supercomputer. Thanks for adding this information here.

•••
It depends on what it's used for.

•••
Hello
I think depend your cost how to spend your computer

•••
dual 8-core xeon processor, 128gb of ram and pci or motherboard mountable ssd. It could cost around 10000$.

•••
For me it's my little pocket Casio.

Its boot time is just 0.01s, it has simple - friendly user interface.

•••
You can make your own for sure. Add many CPU and RAM and will make your super computer.

•••
dual 8-core xeon processor - this beast!!!

•••
As a heads up, if you want something that's super computer fast you're going to have to custom build it yourself.

•••
its depends upon yo budget

•••
I think Intel core i7 is the good. It depends upon your budget.

Last edited:
•••
dual 8-core is perfect in my opinion.. Even If you really want to boost phone speed with added wifi security scan and private security scan, there is a need to employ Leo Privacy Guard..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back