Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Moniker and Snapnames are down for a good while, if anyone there can update us (they may not be able to use emails as well), please do it here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This always seems to happen when I'm in the middle of an auction.. I guess it will just be delayed now

•••

I can't access my account from Chrome, but I could from Explorer.

•••
I tried with every browser (Chrome, Firefox and IE) couldn't load the page with any. The API also went down at the same time.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

It's working now.

•••
This occurs far to often these days. With Moniker, there are alternatives. I don't know why anybody would choose to use Moniker as their registrar of choice. With SnapNames, they are the biggest drop catcher. You have to use them. Buy it puts a bad taste in your mouth when you lose an auction because of it.

The issue with browsers seems to be very important these days. You need to have at least 3 browsers handy to cater for all possibilities. GoDaddy is another site which is Browser sensitive. I can't even log into Afternic using FireFox any more. I have to login with Chrome. I much prefer Firefox over Chrome, even if Chrome has the biggest market share. It just doesn't have the choice of add-ons that FireFox has.

•••
•••
It's down again and this isn't a browser issue.

•••
snapnames are a joke - absolute sh$t

•••
We don't know the reason, I just hope it's a DNS issue, not a DDOS.

Edit: They are online now!

•••
currently getting killed off by andrew reberry and I need these backordering services to be working to give me a chance.

Lost 10 domains to reberry this week it's annoying...

•••
When you are competing against a domainer with 50 registrars, there aren't many alternatives :)

•••
This occurs far to often these days. With Moniker, there are alternatives. I don't know why anybody would choose to use Moniker as their registrar of choice.

Their site is up for me using Chrome.

I only use them still because I have about 10 domain hacks with them, most of them being .es .gs & .ms ccTLDs. Does anyone know if .es can be transferred out of them easily & where is cheap & reputable? I had so much trouble with them when I sold a .es name & trying to push it to a new buyer, it took about 2 months to complete!

I believe .ms names can never be transferred out. Once it's regged at a registrar, it's forever with them.

•••
Does anyone know if .es can be transferred out of them easily & where is cheap & reputable?

Yes:

http://www.dominios.es/dominios/en/...saber/sobre-gestion-de-dominios/transferencia

Maybe even too easy:

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/5533/about-es-domain-names

Where it's cheap and reputable is another thing, though.

It also looks like you can indeed transfer .ms domain names:

http://en.gandi.net/domain/ms/info

(Side note: I like Gandi's TM terms above, hah.)

Last edited:
•••
It was offline for some time, then back online... and offline again.

It's not a browser issue, I have confirmation from Moniker itself, but you may get access with one browser and not with another because it was on and off (don't forget to use ctrl F5 in case you want to force cache purge).

•••
My moniker account is not working again , not accepting password, anyone else having trouble?

•••
I just logged in ok stu

I'm gonna get my domain's outta Moniker - just seems to risky having my dn's in this sinking ship.

•••
I just logged in ok stu

My new password is not working, just on the phone to them now!

When I try to reset the password it is asking me 2 questions that I did not set as my questions to be asked.

When I try to log in it just keeps on coming up - Login to account failure. Wrong Captcha

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I have just got off the phone, had to reset everything again, what a nightmare!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back