IT.COM

.mobi Mobile website scripting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I wasn't able to find any info on building a mobile site with scripts on it. I realize mobile phones are very limited in terms of memory and such, but there's got to be some sort of language compatible with a mobile browser, similar to javascript.

Ultimately my real question is...is it possible to make a site that has a cursor on it that moves around the page instead of the browser just hopping from link to link? It is very important for a site I want to design, so much so that I won't even buy the domain until I am sure its possible.

Thanks,
Jorge

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on what type of browser the phones has. If supports xhtml you can use it as in the usual browsers. But if it's wap you have to use wml as a layout instead of html :). You may want to have a look in here

•••
Here is an article about WAP 2.0 migrating to XHTML & TCP as its foundation.

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/00/09/14/000914hnwap.html

RegFee said:
I wasn't able to find any info on building a mobile site with scripts on it. I realize mobile phones are very limited in terms of memory and such, but there's got to be some sort of language compatible with a mobile browser, similar to javascript.

Ultimately my real question is...is it possible to make a site that has a cursor on it that moves around the page instead of the browser just hopping from link to link? It is very important for a site I want to design, so much so that I won't even buy the domain until I am sure its possible.

Thanks,
Jorge

Other than Palm Treo (with stylus), I haven't seen a device that mimics a mouse movement, although some Blackberry models are coming out with a built-in track ball.

kev

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back