Domain Empire

Mini-Sites Reviews please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

discovernow

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I have not gone in this direction really yet, except for 1 name at AEIOU and some at Whypark.com However, after reading DNJournal.com cover story for March, I was curious what experience people have had at the following companies below and how would you rate them overall from best to worst:

AEIOU.com

WannaDevelop.com

DevHub.com

Why Park.com

SiteGraduate.com

Tinbu.com

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
l2ride55 said:
:bingo:

"Hit the Links" - Story behind it

L2

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check out the leasing options. As you might imagine, there are issues that have to be dealt with with all avenues. Right now I am looking for an interim solution while I continue developing the site. I do have a basic applicatoin that I can put into operation, but it needs some work though. The web is quite a minefield, and all issues must be addressed in some manner, which takes time.

Thanks again for all of your assistance.

Rich

•••
l2ride55 said:
Content and Ad Feed.

Whypark provides content. Noomle does not.

Whypark has a 3rd party Ad Feed. Noomle does not.

Noomle is free. Whypark is a dollar a domain for life.

Sorry to be so short on that review but it really boils down to those two things and if you're willing to spend a dollar a domain to get content and an Ad Feed. Some do, some don't, some will, some won't. Some hate mini-sites, some hate parking. Some hate their ex-wife, some hate their newest Mother-in-law, some even hate domainers and website developers.

Since I'm on my soapbox already, now I'll provide a couple opinions.... Take'm or leave'm, they're still my opinions.

Whypark works especially well for me - the only thing missing is a stronger Ad Feed provider IMO.
L2 thanks, that's very informative :tu:

•••
If you could combine Noomle and Whypark, you would have a monster!

Wayne has done a great job of pointing out the differences in both services. I'm using Whypark atm because it is ultra quick for me to get a site up.

Where Noomle absolutely sticks it to Whypark is in the customer service department, which if you are like me, is very important. Rachid is like Donny from Parked...constantly updating his members on new things added to the platform.

Both Whypark and Noomle have their own forums. Again...Noomle wins hands down! Their forum is extremely active and you can get help at the drop of a hat. In fact...Noomle's forum is mostly populated by Namepros members who are very proactive and there is always someone a PM...or a thread away from helping. In fact, some of the best known NP'ers are now actively involved in the development of the Noomle platform.

Whypark is getting better. With live support most nights in the form of Kelly from Whypark, things are heading in the right direction. Still a long way to go to catch Noomle in that department...but getting there.

Wayne is right about the impending doom for traditional Parking, unless you have pure type-ins you might as well stick a fork in it...it's done!

Both are good. They both have their strengths and weaknesses and at the end of the day, if utilised properly, will yield results. There is no right or wrong between these two...just your preference.

As for crapdaddy's content for domains for content set up...
_\|/_

Too much outlay for so little return.

•••
l2ride55 said:
I don't see that, but if you could combine Whypark with a top tier ad provider, now that would be the gold standard all others would be measured by.
L2

What??. You don't see how great support and a great pooling of resources wouldn't make a monster??

I like Whypark, that's why I use it, but Noomle has some serious people working on its improvement as well and the customer service is miles ahead of Whypark. You wouldn't like to see better customer service at Whypark??

That was my main point.

Hmmmm.

•••
lol Wayne.

You know I think you are da man.

You have your views and I respect them, you know I do, but also having an account at Noomle, I've seen the support there and I'm sorry, but Whypark doesn't hold a candle to it.

The live support is great at Whypark and really a step in the right direction. It still has a loooong way to go to catch up.

That being said, like I pointed out before, there is no right or wrong decision between the two...just a preference. I use Whypark because it's very quick, like you pointed out, and I had already paid for it.

Things for you to consider with Noomle:

A very active forum. Whyparks is dead by comparison
24/7 live chat. Not just 5 days a week and for the 8 hour period or so.
Members active here and on their own forum. You can get answers at a drop of a hat.

The closet thing Whypark has to any of this is *you*. I appreciate that and the help you give, but it really is quite sad that after all this time Whypark has to actually "catch up" to other services customer care.

I'm not saying one is better than the other in development. Both have a different way of doing things and both work fine. I have to however, respectfully disagree with you on your opinion of Whyparks customer service. There is light years between the two.

I'm not arguing the validity or benefits of either service as it pertains to development. I'm mearly highlighting the *very* vast gap in customer service.

JMO

•••
I've been on this development route lately.

What would you say is a good place to get some links to the site?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back