Million dollars in your attic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Super Mario 64 game sells for record-breaking $1.5m at auction
_119355577_mario_heritage_auctions.jpg

A sealed copy of video game Super Mario 64 has sold at auction for more than $1.5m (£1.1m), shattering records. The 1996 cartridge was a launch title for the Nintendo 64 console, and was one of the most influential early 3D platformers. The auction house said there were "fewer than five" copies in such good condition. The sale dwarfed another record-breaker, an original Legend of Zelda cartridge, set just two days before. That original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) cartridge sold for $870,000 on Friday, briefly making it the world's most expensive game. https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57804089

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have like New Playstation games. Lol

•••
For those that know, the amount of time spent riding the shell ...ugh, so fun

tenor.gif

•••
I recently got into emulation and through away an entire collection of retro cartridges for systems as old as hanimex a playstation1 and games had no idea what i had until i got into building games machines over last few months. This was all in last months only when i tried to make my old namco twisting joystick work with usb did i realise what i had just thrown out. i am 49 i was throwing out games i had at 9. On a positive note i have 100k+ of games over my systems.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think it's ever going to be opened, but imagine if they did open it and disc was faulty or disc is actually missing :vomit:

•••
Throwing away the stuff is what made me think of emulation and start my recent hobby. I have multiple androids,pandoras rasberrypis and pcs i am fooling around with. Also modifiying a streetfighter cabinet at moment.

•••
@lock My kind of guy, sounds awesome

•••
never know what might come back, keep those oldies but goodies. ty. :)

•••
This thread is bringing back so many memories. @lock you rock!

street-fighter-2-arcade__22691.1594164094.jpg

•••
sitting over here with no attic to look through :(

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
It’s OK, California doesnt have basements 😂

No one has everything.
i didnt know that, wonder why? We dont at the beach cause of the elevation.

•••
•••
supercxonsolepro android 55k
pandora 8k
pandora 10k
pi3b 90k
pi3b 20k
pi4 18k
pc 55k + 100K + pinballs 1k
Another random 200 gig of roms + 30k more amiga.
Then just variations of installs with other equipt
so far a lot of fails when can't get bios to work as barely know what to do. Only ever educating myself as still a dummy. Used to run arcadechain and pinkconsole 8k of games.
Working on personal projects for now but come up with a plug in h/d turn anything into mega arcade.
Thinking all same time sharing usb joysticks keyboards tankstation etc and using mulitiple 9 screen hdmi controller 2 massive screens. one vertical.
Not into hijacking thread as is about Mario just others were interested in my hobby which turns out to be nerdier than web development so is teaching me more about raw operating systems and modern particianing.
If you use partician software i can tell you some are really sneaky and will disable cards....

Last edited:
•••
The more i look at this market i find it is absolute propaganda nobody is spending loads of money on games nobody has the whole thing isn't real.
Glad all mine is emulation and now not so worried about what i chucked.

Last edited:
•••
I think due to Earthquakes?

California is prone to them.

Samer

Last edited:
•••

90% of homes in California are track homes, slabs are cheaper and considered more sanitary, efficient than a basement or crawl space.

Ground in California doesn’t freeze so no frost heave

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back