IT.COM

.tv MilitaryChannel.tv sold for $1,100!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes, excellent! Militarychannel-dot-Tuvalu is a sure winner! I'm sure the new buyer did their due-diligence and learned that the "TV" after the dot stands for Tuvalu, not "television."

If the real Military Channel is the new buyer, they'll soon learn the truth. If they already know the truth, they'll need a bug in their ear to remind them they are in the USA, not a third-world island nation. If a domainer is the new buyer, look for trademark infringement.

•••
Yes, excellent! Militarychannel-dot-Tuvalu is a sure winner! I'm sure the new buyer did their due-diligence and learned that the "TV" after the dot stands for Tuvalu, not "television."
If the real Military Channel is the new buyer, they'll soon learn the truth. If they already know the truth, they'll need a bug in their ear to remind them they are in the USA, not a third-world island nation. If a domainer is the new buyer, look for trademark infringement.

Do you think that Verisign acquired this cctld in order to market it as Tuvalu country tld?

•••
Dude, you forgot to add your "signature" on "flip.tv" sale thread.
Trolls/haters are always welcome!

Greetings from Funafuti

Last edited:
•••
If developers are occasionally building on reg fee brandable .TV domains it really does nothing for the .TV investor. .TV development is clearly small compared to .COM but there is ample evidence of .TV usage on a smaller scale. We still don't see widespread aftermarket sales of .TV domains - just the random sale here and there. I will note the following - several years ago when I did outbound marketing of .TV domains I basically never got a response. Now I do get "how much?" inquiries but those inquiries still don't convert to sales. So .TV has gained enough recognition for people to consider it but active .TV marketing still doesn't seem to be a worthwhile endeavor.

•••
Interezsting sale. I thought this domain would go higher however.
(Note => I do think there's potential in .TV. Video gets more and more important youtubechannels-owners can use a .TV domain and forward to their channel)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back