Dynadot

sales Mike Mann reports selling 27 domains in his best month ever!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mike Mann reported that he had his best month ever selling domain names. He reported selling 27 domain names in March for a total of $233,540. Mike had 7 5-figure sales.

Mike Mann said: “Ive been selling domains for 20 years. This is the best month yet.”

Highest reported sale was HealingHolidays.com that sold for $20k. The average price was $8,650 and the median was $8,000. That is substantially higher to some stats he posted in January.

He probably sold more domains as he is not reporting all his sales.

Mike Mann is the owner of DomainMarket.com that offers more than 260,000 premium domain names for sale.

Here is a look at some of Mike Mann’s domain acquisitions and sales from March 2017.

Domain name sales:

AKFX.com $17000. Purchased 3.30.2012 $84
HealingHolidays.com $20,000. Purchased 10/15/11 $74
TidyCleaning.com $7000. Purch. 4.29.11 $70
HelpASisterOut.com $1600
MichelleMason.com $13,000. Purchased 4/24/11 $70
IPRad.com for $8000. Purch 12/19/13 $7.50
CaribouCabin.com $5000 Purch 3/2/11 $7
SinAliento.com $15,000. Acqu 6.26.2012 $7
PropertyPhotos.com $15000. Purch. 3.12.07 $1000
fintechnology.com $5000. Purch 4.30.10 $7
CoverageComparison.com $4800. Purch. 8/1/13 $300
IntrinsicValuation.com is the $1888 I just sold it for, not the $20 I bought if for on 1/26/17.
GlobalBusinesForum.com $9,888. Purchased 6/13/2011 $7
ukcannabis.com $6000. Purchased 12/6/11 $7
FLInvestments.com $2888. Purch 12/4/09 $7
CrowdFarming.com $7900. Purch 5/16/11 $7
StudentLeadership.org $8500. Purchased 7/31/11 $350
HeliFotos.com $4800. Purch 8/7/09 $7
ahr.org $16,000. Purch 4/14/09 $787
BeerBear.com $4000. Purch 8/14/11 $9
AlwaysATreat.com $9888 Purch 7.4.10 $7
EnterStageLeft.com $6000. Purchased 1/25/10 $7
UniversityOfSuccess.com $7500, purchased 6/20/16 $70
ShantiYogaStudio.com $10,500. Purch 10/30/11 $7
ChelseaRose.com $8500. Purch. 2.17.11 $70
YourRentalCar.com $8000. Purch 6/17/10 $7.
Nanonets.com $9888. Purch. 11.9.08 $70

Domain name purchases:

LuluMelon.com $10
DoJew.com $10
insurerance.com $20
Purchased GrandesOrgues.com
MillionsOfMilf.com $8

(One thing to remember is that Mike Mann needs to sell about $2.5 million worth of domains per year to break even and that he is NOT a flipper. The average holding time for his sold domains is usually more than 5 years.)

Here is a couple of interesting comments that Mike did on Facebook:

“The domains lve been selling appear expensive to the untrained eye but in fact are incredible investments, too cheap. Most likely I could have got double if I held out and negotiated more, started higher.”
“Even while .Com is king, Cash is kinger”
“Perfect time to agree .Com is going up in value (not down like gtlds to <$0)”
“Im intending on taking all the best .Com from the domain auctions forever at a fair price, unless you intend on overpaying you can go home.”
“I have better info and can sell the domains faster at a higher price, so if you beat me on an auction you paid too much.”

“Using slick new software and 1000s of hours, I’m doing a massive asset revaluation to properly reflect the current fair value of 250,000 super premium .Com domains, which have old prices or no prices at all. The old retail value was around $1B and when I’m done appraising I expect it to be around $1.5B. For you 1.4.”

Mike Mann explained his crowdpricing domain appraisal system that will have 4 appraisers here.

Check out Mike Mann’s most trafficked domain names including Bali.com, Tasty.com and office.co.

Here are all the Mike Mann’s sold domain name reports published on OnlineDomain.com in 2016 and 2017:
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
July 2016
May 2016
April 2016

https://onlinedomain.com/2017/04/11...month-ever-propertyphotos-com-ukcannabis-com/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was in fact just looking at HealingHolidays.com as research for what my own holiday domains could be worth and thought to myself that's gonna sell. What a coincidence.

•••
Other than AKFX/ChelseaRose and AlwaysATreat I personally wouldn't even register any of those, so credit where credit is due, the mann (man) can sell ice to an eskimo.

After a quiet start to 2017, been a great few weeks for big domain sales (y)

•••
Amazing sales. ahr.org stood out for me for the excellent sale price.
On his buys, following comments for these domains:

LuluMelon.com - Typo of Lulu Lemon ?
insurerance.com - Another typo or Insure Rance (Rance or Rancé being places in Europe)

•••
I assume even with such astronomical renewal costs, he still manages to do better than just break even each year.. or overall since his domain career. else he'd probably not be doing this. or doing bankrupcy.

•••
Other than AKFX/ChelseaRose and AlwaysATreat I personally wouldn't even register any of those, so credit where credit is due, the mann (man) can sell ice to an eskimo.

After a quiet start to 2017, been a great few weeks for big domain sales (y)

propertyphotos.com
coveragecomparison.com
fintechnology.com
beerbear.com
nanonets.com
universityofsuccess.com

and a couple more are all good domains IMO. The first three are really good.

•••
If $233k is the best month ever than $2.5m/yr seems to be unreachable. Something is not right

•••
If $233k is the best month ever than $2.5m/yr seems to be unreachable. Something is not right

Was thinking the same but then again the OP suggests that he's not reporting all sales. If you follow his sales, you notice that he only reports generic type of domains. Yet a bulk of his domains are of joespizzaplace.com, marysblog.com, brownandsons.com type of domains. And I think that he sells a lot of those as well. But doesn't report them because the first thought of gen pub is SQUATTER.

•••
Was thinking the same but then again the OP suggests that he's not reporting all sales. If you follow his sales, you notice that he only reports generic type of domains. Yet a bulk of his domains are of joespizzaplace.com, marysblog.com, brownandsons.com type of domains. And I think that he sells a lot of those as well. But doesn't report them because the first thought of gen pub is SQUATTER.
Totally agree this. I'm also sceptical for some of his sales too. I think big players like him always publish unreal sales, or speculate.

•••
•••
There are a few domains in the list which I would have avoided buying even for reg fee.

Either I hav a lot to learn or the world is biased..!!

•••

Probably makes at least $500k in month. Just dosen´t want to publish it.
I mean would you do it just for breaking even. Looking at sales etc.. would say makes at least $5m in year, if not $10m

•••
•••

I'm guessing he gets a heavily subsidised / discounted renewal price on his domains and I'm convinced he also gets financial incentives for registrars for all the Hype he creates in the industry...

•••
I'm guessing he gets a heavily subsidised / discounted renewal price on his domains and I'm convinced he also gets financial incentives for registrars for all the Hype he creates in the industry...

Thats not possible.

•••
•••
In business 'all' depends on negotiation/s, so 'everything' is (can be) possible.

Last edited:
•••
In business 'all' depends on negotiation/s, so 'everything' is (can be) possible.

Yep, and when you own 260 000 domains it gives you very good leverage to negotiate. :)

•••
only possible on those new tld-s. Maybe yes.
But not with .com
who gives hime that discount? fees are fixed, you think he can get better deal?

•••
But not with .com

Fee's are fixed to the masses. Every single industry on this planet has preferential treatment and deals being done under the table that the majority has no clue about. Why would you assume domaining is any different? Do you think that the domaining industry is one that adheres to a high standard of morals and principles so there won't be any underhanded dealings?

Last edited:
•••
But not with .com
As I understand ICANN fee is $0.18 per domain per year. The rest is negotiable. Somebody correct me please!?

•••
You can negotiate everything, you just need the will / skill / patience to negotiate.
Apples, domains (every TLD), zips.

Domain registrars are offering 'custom bulk pricing', for example Uniregistry:
https://uniregistry.com/professionals
Scroll to the end at this site.

You can even negotiate the height of taxes (as politician, it needs just more will / skill / patience).

Last edited:
•••
•••
You can negotiate everything, you just need the will / skill / patience to negotiate.
Apples, domains (every TLD), zips.

Domain registrars are offering 'custom bulk pricing', for example Uniregistry:
https://uniregistry.com/professionals
Scroll to the end at this site.

You can even negotiate the height of taxes (as politician, it needs just more will / skill / patience).
Everything is negotiable... hehe :xf.cool:

•••
You guys live in fantasy world, where everything is possible.
Reality is a little different.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back