IT.COM

Microsoft......rant (warning)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
yayyyyyy we can all say thank you to microsoft the wonders of the windows opterating system!!!!!! not only have they made it easier to use there software they have also managed to double my work load!!!!!!! grrrrrrrr works bad enough as it is

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3683553.stm

update is advised

what annoys me most is this

The vulnerability that Sasser exploits was first identified on 8 October last year by security firm eEye Digital Security.

early october?!?!?!?! 7 MONTHS!!!!!!

and then this
However the first code to exploit the vulnerability only appeared a few days after the first patch for the loophole was released by Microsoft on 13 April.

it took them nearly 7 months to make a patch for it!!!!!!!!!

come on but in my eyes thats rediculus they are one of the biggest software merchants/developers in the world and it takes them this long to develop a patch for it!!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

why did they release windows xp when it was so buggy!!!!!

its bad enough trying to manage 400 laptops and desktops as well as 7 servers the network, 450 lockers and a poxy swipe card system between 4

sorry for the rant but its annoyed me now

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol...you go for it Adam ;)

Get it outta ya system ...

Maybe we should have a "Rant Room" for people just to spout off about stuff annoying them..lol..

When we get annoyed we can view others reactions.....and repeat them .. :)

•••
Originally posted by SY4
Maybe we should have a "Rant Room" for people just to spout off about stuff annoying them..lol..

An offical ranting topic! :p

Warning: Strong Language!

I hope you get everything sorted out alright Adam. :(

•••
Microsoft has been using comsumers
as their beta testers for years

They get it wrong
We report it
They send a patch
Repeat the above steps about 1000 times
New software comes out
Repeat the above steps again

John :p

•••
hehe id be in the rant room alot!! so many things go wrong

now im msn technical support for this virus as well....that doesnt bother me though msn has a block button doesnt kids and teachers at work dont.....

thanks darrent, could do me a favor and shoot me though :p lol

•••
adam - I had a day exactly like that not that long ago and ended up with two domains for my trouble:-

RantOfTheDay.info and TheRantOfTheDay.com

We also had some fun and games at work with the network - it got infected and caused quite a bit of chaos over the past day or two. Typical Microsoft though - they will respond to all of this by putting the prices up and telling us its because they have our safety in mind :lol:

•••
Originally posted by bigboss

They get it wrong
We report it
They send a patch
New software comes out

John :p

funniest thing I've heard all day :)

•••
eh..though you see, now matter how long you run programs through tests, you will never find all the bugs, until you release it to the general public and let them mess with it, then once you get bug reports you patch, and keep doing so, every software maker does the same thing

•••
Originally posted by Brian
eh..though you see, now matter how long you run programs through tests, you will never find all the bugs, until you release it to the general public and let them mess with it, then once you get bug reports you patch, and keep doing so, every software maker does the same thing

i understand that but come on

xp is close to 100mb of updates now i think thats rediculus!!! there are so many bugs with xp

and the time it takes them to release a critical update (for this and blaster) is rediculus

They get it wrong
We report it
They send a patch
New software comes out

John

HAHA!!

adam - I had a day exactly like that not that long ago and ended up with two domains for my trouble:-

RantOfTheDay.info and TheRantOfTheDay.com

We also had some fun and games at work with the network - it got infected and caused quite a bit of chaos over the past day or two. Typical Microsoft though - they will respond to all of this by putting the prices up and telling us its because they have our safety in mind

hahaha do you plan on developing them?

its pathetic, you pay £35 pound a machine to get windows xp on it only a few months later to get attacked by a virus and told to upgrade your security (eg gettitng isa which is another microsoft product) so they get more money!!

grrrrrr

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back