Dynadot

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Should be double "r" Correct is Preferred. Was it typo?

How many views your meta domains getting?
Looks like it was a typo on the forum post. The PreferedMeta in king isn't registered.

•••
•••
Metafun.io
Metafun Logo_2.png

•••
•••
So, seems to me that the question about meta trademark is long resolved... :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
So, seems to me that the question about meta trademark is long resolved... :xf.smile:
Don't be too sure of that. It's just the beginning.

Facebook can anytime snatch these "Meta" domains from the domain holders.

Last edited:
•••

"Meta" is a generic term, and to most people here it's just short for Metaverse. I really doubt that they can just snatch these names. The word "Meta" has existed long before Facebook.

Just my opinion

•••
"Meta" is a generic term, and to most people here it's just short for Metaverse. I really doubt that they can just snatch these names. The word "Meta" has existed long before Facebook.

Just my opinion
They hold the trademark. Check trademark database.

So a name like M e t a T i m e . com is now actually like Facebook Time .com lol

Last edited:
•••

So a name like M e t a T i m e . com is now actually like Facebook Time .com lol
Facebook is not a generic word. It'd be easy to prove bad faith if someone registered a Facebook+Keyword domain. However, for "Meta"+Keyword it would be difficult to prove bad faith.

Just my opinion

Last edited:
•••

There isn't just one meta trademark. A simple search will show there are actually many, even preceding the Facebook one.

•••
•••

No they cannot. They did not invent meta word, there first in use was only 8 weeks ago and they paid a lot for the names they wanted upfront.

That is not the actions of a company who thinks the lame (2 category) existing canadian trademark they “bought” would hold up in a udrp.

Also why they are trying to get a second trademark in many categories because buying it doesn’t constitute a backdated in use. Neither does the newsblog they had sitting on it before the announcements.

Have you heard of a single meta udrp or demands in 8 weeks time? No one has.

•••
Also why they are trying to get a second trademark in many categories because buying it doesn’t constitute a backdated in use. Neither does the newsblog they had sitting on it before the announcements.
They registered their logo.

•••
They registered their logo.
A trademark for a logo design is not the blanket type of trademark they are now seeking in (I didn’t count how many ) but many categories.

The results of that newer trademark application could change things I suppose. I do believe people should be erring on the side of caution at this point post announcement.

In the same vein, I don’t think they would find it practical or worth the cost of trying to get hundreds of thousands of meta names regged the last few months should that trademark be granted as they have asked for it in many categories.

The ones they still might want to add to their collection were likely regged way back.

•••
•••
•••
There are trademarks for word and design marks. You can't substitute one for the other
Indeed, figurative marks (logos) cover what word marks don't.

•••

This is for you. Do it whenever you're free. Cheers.

coursera.org/learn/trademark-law

•••
Most important about a trademark is, that you use it.

If not, it expires.

Otherwise, you can use a name as your business name (in your URL) and do not need a tm for it.

•••
Most important about a trademark is, that you use it.

If not, it expires.

Otherwise, you can use a name as your business name (in your URL) and do not need a tm for it.
If you don't use it within 5 years of registration then certainly. Registering a trademark is signalling an intent to use it in commerce. If you use it and then stop using it it still provides protection, but you do have to be able to prove that you used it in commerce for your registered goods and services in the first place.

Any person can petition for any single good or service in a trademark to be removed if they believe that it's not in use and it really doesn't cost that much. They would have to prove that they are using it.

•••
If you don't use it within 5 years of registration then certainly. Registering a trademark is signalling an intent to use it in commerce. If you use it and then stop using it it still provides protection, but you do have to be able to prove that you used it in commerce for your registered goods and services in the first place.

Any person can petition for any single good or service in a trademark to be removed if they believe that it's not in use and it really doesn't cost that much. They would have to prove that they are using it.
Yep.

Ferrari did not use the name Testarossa for 30 years;
Hence their trademark/copyright on that is no longer protected.

Most important is to use a name;
Registering a tm and not using it will result in some sort of cancelation.

•••
•••
Let's stop spreading FUD once and for all.
FB does not exclusively own the word "meta", and thus no "meta+keywords" are affected.
There are multiple pre-existing trademarks on just "meta" alone.
Also, meta is a common prefix like metadata.

That's like trademarking "Uni" and then claiming infringement by Universal, Univision, etc.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back