Dynadot

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

NameSilo
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any thoughts?

Meta/C/a/r/d/s/.org
Meta/P/e/s/o/.com
Meta/P/e/s/o/s/.com

Last edited:
•••
A couple months ago i wanted to mint a BAYC after seeing Morgan Linton tweet about them saying that this collection will be big in the future, but i was broke, already invested 4000$ in domaining and quit my job to do this full-time. I contacted a friend to convince him co-invest with me, but he didn't take that JPEG art seriously, he didn't see the potential. So the next day it was all sold out, and the floor price started to rise astronomicaly, i still wanted badly to acquire one, he wanted to buy a car with 5000$ and i did my best to convince him that this investment is better but he refused (the fear of trying something) now he regret not listening to me, but it's to late for him.

Don't let fear and emotion interfere with investing in what you believe has a potential even if everyone say no to you.

I think i will regret not investing enough in the metaverse (not only domaining).
Good luck 🤞 Wagmi.
Show attachment 202654

A superb post, thank you for that!

•••
A couple months ago i wanted to mint a BAYC after seeing Morgan Linton tweet about them saying that this collection will be big in the future, but i was broke, already invested 4000$ in domaining and quit my job to do this full-time. I contacted a friend to convince him co-invest with me, but he didn't take that JPEG art seriously, he didn't see the potential. So the next day it was all sold out, and the floor price started to rise astronomicaly, i still wanted badly to acquire one, he wanted to buy a car with 5000$ and i did my best to convince him that this investment is better but he refused (the fear of trying something) now he regret not listening to me, but it's to late for him.

Don't let fear and emotion interfere with investing in what you believe has a potential even if everyone say no to you.

I think i will regret not investing enough in the metaverse (not only domaining).
Good luck 🤞 Wagmi.
Show attachment 202654

Yeah but just because BAYC took off, it doesn't mean all other NFT art will, same for domains, some of the most sucessful people on earth have probably tried many things and failed before investing (or creating) that 1 things that made them.

I wish I got in on BAYC, but I wouldn’t get involved in it now, I don’t believe in these pictures long term future.

Way I see these things is like 'pass the parcel', everyone is passing each design onto each other, making a little bit of money, but there will come a time where someone is holding it and everyone who passed it on to them will be like:-

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

What is the ultimate aim for these pictures? What are they planning to do with them? They are hardly masterpieces, blood/sweat and tears never went into each ape, each design probably took 5 mins (or less) adapting from the last one.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah but just because BAYC took off, it doesn't mean all other NFT art will, same for domains, some of the most sucessful people on earth have probably tried many things and failed before investing (or creating) that 1 things that made them.

I wish I got in on BAYC, but I wouldn’t get involved in it now, I don’t believe in these pictures long term future.

Way I see these things is like 'pass the parcel', everyone is passing each design onto each other, making a little bit of money, but there will come a time where someone is holding it and everyone who passed it on to them will be like:-

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

What is the ultimate aim for these pictures? What are they planning to do with them? They are hardly masterpieces, blood/sweat and tears never went into each ape, each design probably took 5 mins (or less) adapting from the last one.

I partially agree with you, but i think beside making money from selling it, these NFTs gives you exclusive acces to the club, it's like a high vip badge. Plus the NFT community is very supportive, now BAYC early investors have their own collection/ project and the community support them. I think the network you get has more value than the money.
Best of 🤞 WAGMi

Last edited:
•••
In regards to meta domains selling for mid xxx,xxx + it's not a matter of if but when. NFTs are selling at those ranges because sellers are demanding and pricing there assets at such prices. If you have premium realestate, demand it's worth. This is an opportunity like non other. Don't sell yourselves short if you have premium names. For a domain can do for a business... they are extremely undervalued compared to nfts.

I don't think some realize just how big the digitization of the real world into the this metaverse is going to be..

No one is going to give you xxx,xxx plus if you don't demand it. I'm aiming high. I've already had an angel investor inquire on two names in my portfolio. Ride the wave!

Just my opinion

•••
It's already here... It's called the internet. There are already sanfldboxes like Decentraland and there will be more but they will be walled gardens with permissioned access, trying to convince the world that they are the only Metaverse. Second Life and many others have existed for at least 20 years now.

Metaverse is simply a rebranding of VR/Virtual for hyping up stock holders and revamping consumer interest after a sluggish re-emergence of VR, but little gas changed. We will have more closed sand boxes competing for your attention, but ultimately it will take WWW Consortium to push progress of making the internet more virtual. Currently we are in a Metaverse of text and photos but that will change. That change will probably come after corps realize that the public isn't falling for their gimmicks and that public shared frameworks that add a virtual layer on top of the internet we already have are the only way we can create a truly open, universal Metaverse that embodies what we have in this beautiful WWW already.

Just my personal opinion/prediction based on what some of pioneers have already been saying for years.

Looks like Tony Parisi and I believe in the same principles about how the Metaverse should be described and approached (see my post above).

He's written the 7 Rules of The Metaverse Below:

The Rules
Rule #1. There is only one Metaverse.

Rule #2: The Metaverse is for everyone.

Rule #3: Nobody controls the Metaverse.

Rule #4: The Metaverse is open.

Rule #5: The Metaverse is hardware-independent.

Rule #6: The Metaverse is a Network.

Rule #7: The Metaverse is the Internet.

Read more here:
https://medium.com/meta-verses/the-seven-rules-of-the-metaverse-7d4e06fa864c

Parisi doesn't have huge influence but I believe his opinions are respected, given his place in the history of the development of the metaverse.

Last edited:
•••
Just wondering if Advertisings (plural) is a commonly used word, because I just registered:

Meta * Advertisings * . com

and was wondering why no one had taken it before.

IMO

•••
Just wondering if Advertisings (plural) is a commonly used word, because I just registered:

Meta * Advertisings * . com

and was wondering why no one had taken it before.

IMO

It wasn't taken because "advertisings" is incorrect English. The correct term is Advertising or Advertisements.

Meta Advertising is good, but Meta Advertisements is... Heh.....

Last edited:
•••
It wasn't taken because "advertisings" is incorrect English. The correct term is advertising or Advertisements.

I kind of suspected that, but even as incorrect spelling is it used often.

•••
I kind of suspected that, but even as incorrect spelling is it used often.

There are incorrect and odd domains selling daily, but trying to sell those is relying more on random luck than a strategy. I wish you good strategy lol...

Last edited:
•••
Who owns Metaverse.org? And who owns the dot com? Zuck is arrogant. He would try to buy and grand as Metaverse.com.

Or even Meta.com or Verse.com if he could.

Last edited:
•••
There are incorrect and odd domains selling daily, but trying to sell those is relying more on random luck than a strategy. I wish you good strategy lol...

So is the plural version used often enough to make it worth hanging onto,

•••
So is the plural version used often enough to make it worth hanging onto,

Beware that when beginners start domaining they're more susceptible to developing a wishful thinking type of "syndrome" that makes them see advantages to having the kind of domains they're invested in, often against even their own common sense.

•••
Got a inquiry for meta a/v/a/t/a/r/s (.com) Any suggestions for pricing..

Great Name. Hold it. Only accept good offer. :)

•••
Beware that when beginners start domaining they're more susceptible to developing a wishful thinking type of "syndrome" that makes them see advantages to having the kind of domains they're invested in, often against even their own common sense.

I understand that,

but I was just interested to know if the plural version is one of those incorrect spellings that is still popular.

•••
I understand that,

but I was just interested to know if the plural version is one of those incorrect spellings that is still popular.

I correct spellings of anything are usually not popular.

Correct plurals often sell though, even though the singulars are more popular for branding in most situations.

I own MV+Avatar dot king and didn't reg the plural when it was available. The owner of the plural currently has his version up for $500k. Not regging the plural can cost you lol...... But incorrect plurals, not so much...

Last edited:
•••
I correct spellings of anything are usually not popular.

Correct plurals often sell though, even though the singulars are more popular for branding in most situations.

I own MV+Avatar dot king and didn't reg the plural when it was available. The owner of the plural currently has his version up for $500k. Not regging the plural can cost you lol...... But incorrect plurals, not so much...

I appreciate getting all your replies, but you are talking more about the general rules that pretty much everyone knows,

Here I was interested to get a second opinion (in addition to my own) about this specific keyword in plural.

Meta + Advertisings

Is it worth taking a chance with or not

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I appreciate getting all your replies, but you are talking more about the general rules that pretty much everyone knows,

Here I was interested to get a second opinion (in addition to my own) about this specific keyword in plural.

Meta + Advertisings

IMO

Simply put, the domain is fermented trash...

Just my take. I tried to saying more kindly above but it didn't get through...

Last edited:
•••

Meta + Advertisings

IMO
Personally, I wouldn't take that chance. IMO

•••
Simply put, the domain is fermented trash...

Just my take. I tried to saying more kindly above but it didn't get through...

Just saying "it is not good" would have sufficed.

but thanks anyways

•••
Just saying "it is not good" would have sufficed.

but thanks anyways

Say it out loud to your self as if you were saying it in a pitch to a very important business figure who is taking time from his precious schedule to hear you out.

"Advertisings"... The S at the end sounds terrible... It's not just that it's incorrect but it doesn't roll off of the tongue well. You have to take domain investing seriously, so using this test to help in your assessment can help.

Good strategy!

Last edited:
•••
MetaDumpster.com
MetaSymposium.com

•••
•••
•••
Not my sale

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_212557.jpg
    IMG_20211024_212557.jpg