IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just check it, among these two listings, 318K looks more legit :xf.wink:
It could be an investor that brought it from the auction and now re-listing it for sale at his selling price...

•••
It could be an investor that brought it from the auction and now re-listing it for sale at his selling price...
Most likely, the domain was purchased on another platform, and previous owner simply forgot to delete the listing on GD.

•••
•••
I'm over 90% certain that Facebook will indeed rebrand as Meta.

As pointed out before here, FB owns Meta dot com (plus a few other extensions) and this is, really, the perfect name for a company wanting to "build the metaverse," as a recent press release from Facebook announced. I don't see any other brand name that would make more sense.

The new name will be announced on October 28, or maybe a few days earlier. So we'll know pretty soon.

•••
•••
•••
I'm over 90% certain that Facebook will indeed rebrand as Meta.

As pointed out before here, FB owns Meta dot com (plus a few other extensions) and this is, really, the perfect name for a company wanting to "build the metaverse," as a recent press release from Facebook announced. I don't see any other brand name that would make more sense.

The new name will be announced on October 28, or maybe a few days earlier. So we'll know pretty soon.

If Facebook becomes Meta, will we still be able to register meta+keywords domains? or will it be trademarked?

•••
I'm not familiar with trademark policies but I believe when you trademark a word, you have to provide a description of it's specific use. Which means a word can be trademarked multiple times.

For example, just searching USPTO:
1) There are multiple different trademarks for "Meta"
2) There are new 2021 trademarks for "Metamall", "Metafans", "Meta Arts", "Metaverse Men", "Metafans", "Metaonly", "Metateam"
3) I also found the company recently trademarked "MetaVRse", point to their website in .com

So I don't think FB can trademark "Meta" and no one else can use "Meta" or "Meta+keywords"

Last edited:
•••
If Facebook becomes Meta, will we still be able to register meta+keywords domains? or will it be trademarked?
I think because it's a generic term anyone can use it. But you have to be careful with what you have on the website page such as advertisements. For example, it is better not to use the Sedo parking page that contains advertisements.

•••
2 Meta sales from 2021-10-22 (not mine but BuyDomains)

MetaDevelopment/com $1,900
Metaservers/com $1,088

I especially like MetaDevelopment and think buyer got a bargain compared to recent Meta sales

Last edited:
•••
MetaSmart dot com is for sale for $318,000 at Dan
saw this one too...

MetaPlaces.com
is for sale!

(Dan)

Buy now
USD $375,000

•••
MetaPor_os

In dawt com.

Last edited:
•••
MetaJuego.net
MetaJuegos.net

(MetaGame and MetaGames in Spanish)

MetaSyndrome.com

Last edited:
•••
MetaJuego.net
MetaJuegos.net

(MetaGame and MetaGames in Spanish)

MetaSyndrome.com

Nice. Keep in mind that in Spanish everything is reversed

•••
•••
М/е/t/а/ S/w/е/е/t/h/е/а/r/t/s
М/е/t/а/ S/w/е/е/t/h/е/а/r/t

(Dоt соm)

•••
Nice. Keep in mind that in Spanish everything is reversed

Thanks, DT13. I see what you mean, but things are not really reversed. You might be thinking of the fact that in most cases the adjective in Spanish goes after the noun. In that regard, from the perspective of Spanish speakers, English is the one that is “reversed”, as you put it.

In this case, the order of words is perfect. I am a native Spanish speaker. Meta is a prefix and we actually have in Spanish many names that start with that prefix. Just a few here:

metafísica
metáfora
metabolismo

And some more…

•••
saw this one too...

MetaPlaces.com
is for sale!

(Dan)

Buy now
USD $375,000
You are seeing these prices because sellers are pricing their names for the second wave of buyers. This will be fortune 500 companies and crypto money buying into the Metaverse space. And don't rule out possible 7 figure sales for some of the good names.. It takes some patience and paying attention to this new trending market. imo 😉

•••
saw this one too...

MetaPlaces.com
is for sale!

(Dan)

Buy now
USD $375,000

My new 3 day hand reg .co.uk has a BIN at $50k too.

Truth is, makes no difference what people are wanting, most are not going to get it. I'm not going to bet against a 'meta+word' domain selling for 6 figures before the year is over the way sales are going, but for the most part the only domains what sell for mid-6 figures+ are single word .com's or 2 character .com's.

But then again we live in a crazy world, 6 months ago if someone told me JPEG's of miserable cartoon apes with baseball hats on/sunglasses on or lasers coming out of their eyes are being bought up by investors for 6 figures+ per picture, i would have called them banana's.

Last edited:
•••
We will see Metaverse sales soon.

Truth is, makes no difference what people are wanting, most are not going to get it. I'm not going to bet against a 'meta+word' domain selling for 6 figures before the year is over the way sales are going, but for the most part the only domains what sell for mid-6 figures+ are single word .com's or 2 character .com's.

But then again we live in a crazy world, 6 months ago if someone told me JPEG's of miserable cartoon apes with baseball hats on/sunglasses on or lasers coming out of their eyes are being bought up by investors for 6 figures+ per picture, i would have called them banana's.

I get what you are saying.

That being said, there are a few 6 figure sales already + I'm going to sell some of mine for 6 or more in time imo.

•••
I get what you are saying.

That being said, there are a few 6 figure sales already + I'm going to sell some of mine for 6 or more in time imo.

Meta+words selling for 6 figures or are you talking about ‘Metaverse’ like the .io sale?

I think its all well and good saying "I’m going to sell some of mine for 6 figures or more" but it's easier said than done, people in VR (and other niches) said the same thing. If demand for ‘meta’ domains becomes even greater than what it is right now, then yeah I understand holding out of 6 figures if you have some of the best domains.

But if interest wanes these domains, it’s no good sticking to your guns wanting astronomical sums because you are never going to get it, you have to adapt to the market.

Last edited:
•••
Meta+words selling for 6 figures or are you talking about ‘Metaverse’ like the .io sale?

I think its all well and good saying "I’m going to sell some of mine for 6 figures or more" but it's easier said than done, people in VR (and other niches) said the same thing. If demand for ‘meta’ domains becomes even greater than what it is right now, then yeah I understand holding out of 6 figures if you have some of the best domains.

But if interest wanes these domains, it’s no good sticking to your guns wanting astronomical sums because you are never going to get it, you have to adapt to the market.

Yes for sure all is understandable and nothing is certain.
Just forward looking.

And no Meta domains here. All of mine are Metaverse+

In any case Metaverse Marketing will become the new Digital Marketing I'll be asking for that and more.

•••
Yes for sure all is understandable and nothing is certain.
Just forward looking.

And no Meta domains here. All of mine are Metaverse+

In any case Metaverse Marketing will become the new Digital Marketing I'll be asking for that and more.

All the best to you, hope you do it.

•••
MetaStudyRoom.com MetaverseTuition.com MetaverseAvatar.me MetaverseCharacter.co MetaverseCharacter.xyz MetaCharacter.co MetaCharacter.xyz

•••

A couple months ago i wanted to mint a BAYC after seeing Morgan Linton tweet about them saying that this collection will be big in the future, but i was broke, already invested 4000$ in domaining and quit my job to do this full-time. I contacted a friend to convince him co-invest with me, but he didn't take that JPEG art seriously, he didn't see the potential. So the next day it was all sold out, and the floor price started to rise astronomicaly, i still wanted badly to acquire one, he wanted to buy a car with 5000$ and i did my best to convince him that this investment is better but he refused (the fear of trying something) now he regret not listening to me, but it's to late for him.

Don't let fear and emotion interfere with investing in what you believe has a potential even if everyone say no to you.

I think i will regret not investing enough in the metaverse (not only domaining).
Good luck 🤞 Wagmi.
IMG_20211024_141239.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Back