IT.COM

Messenger service pop up's, how do you stop them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KingDon

Mr Big StuffVIP Member
Impact
OK my machine is now popping these little messenger service pop up's every two minutes. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone tell me where to delete this program from my files, these guys really have a racket. First they annoy you, and then they tell you for $29.95 they will take it off your machine, pure extortion.

Don

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have no idea, but i hate them,too

•••
If I knew what they called their program, I would go into msconfig and turn it off, but I'm sure it's disguised.

•••
•••
You must have winxp, as i do.. and I get those all the time too..

•••
PopupsEraser.com

interested?

•••
no i don't have winxp, i have a mac, but i get them all the time, too

•••
You can block the MSN ads by installing something like zonealarm. blackice. there are a ton of them out therre and most have free additions

•••
where do you get them? are the available for macs, too?

•••
•••
oooh thanks...gotta try that out...hopefull it'll work for a mac, too

•••
Thanks RJ I'll give it a try, and if it works I'll send the link out to everyone on my newsletter.

Do

•••
Very cool, I will get the word out, this worked perfect. I was tough to read while that DVD banner flashed and moved all around. That has to be the most annoying banner I've ever seen. But the instructions were well worth the eyestrain, thanks again RJ,

Don

•••
Thanks RJ, that is even better than my suggestion

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back