Dynadot

Established Mentioned on KillerStartups.com - Social Network For Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO LONGER FOR SALE

Mentioned on KillerStartups.com and UrbanDaddy.com URLs' Below.
Registrar: GoDaddy.com
Domain Registered: Dec/23/2009 - Expires: Dec/23/2013 - Domain Age: 2 years, 7 months old.

Actors Video Sharing Social Network - Brandable Phrase Domain How's My Acting.com

BUY NOW $10,000

KillerStartups.com/HowsMyActing

UrbanDaddy.com/HowsMyActing

Community for aspiring actors that allows them to display their talent, performing monologues from various movies and plays, and is also a place to receive opinions on their acting ability and give feedback to others.

** HMA ranks #2 or 3 for "Actors Social Network" on Google - used to be number 1. (but a little SEO will put right back up there). Ranks #2 for "How much does a talent agent cost?" Ranks number 5 on Google for the keywords "Acting Videos" "Monologue videos". #1 for "Upload monologue videos" and "Upload acting videos", #5 for "aspiring actors network" **

Domain *Comes With Twitter Account and Filmstra.com (if you want it - not a typo)* I was going to change the name of the site to Filmstra.com - thought it was interesting that the last 4 letters of this domain name spell 'Arts' and 'Star' - so I came up with Filmstra - pronounced like Hofstra. It's short, one word, and Extremely Brandable. I'll give you the login details for Twitter through PM or email.

As I said before, HMA has been mentioned on KillerStartups.com and UrbanDaddy.com. Potential for something bigger here if you know what to do with this site. Never spent more than 30 dollars on advertising. Potential members find the site through Google, other search engines, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and from relevant link partners. HMA is in very good standing with the search engines.

'How's My Acting' was a project started in 2009 - a hub where members who love acting upload video of themselves performing monologues, theatre performances etc. and network with other actors. There are currently 804 valuable members as I write this, along with the email address list.

The site makes a couple of dollars every month in Adsense revenue. But this isn't a "Made For Adsense" website - that's not what this site is about. But, monetizing the site can be achieved by selling monthly/yearly subscriptions to casting call and audition notices like they do on Backstage.com for example;(they sell plans for Monthly:$14.95 and Yearly:$149) and finding sponsors. The member email address database is where the value is - this is who you will sell casting notices to, most of the members are looking for acting jobs. You can also sell affiliate products related to the film industry.

Adsense for the month of July 2012 screenshot attached below. Traffic Screenshot in my other post below

This site is using the Ning.com platform. Ning is always adding great new features.

Cost to run site: $59.95 a month. It Covers:

Unlimited Members
20 GB Storage
Phone Support
Branded Video & Music Players
Mobile App-Creation Options
API Access
Custom Splash Pages
All Ning Plus Features
Publishing & Social Features
Customizable Member Profiles
Blogs, Forums, Photos & Video Embeds
Groups, Pages, Events & Chat
Leaderboards & Member Categories to surface top content and contributors
Email Marketing Tools
Built-In Mobile Site
HTML5 Optimized for Smartphones
Custom Design & URL
Use your own domain
Powerful Design Studio
Ability to add custom CSS and JS
Unlimited custom pages
Ad-free
Social Integrations
Social Sign-in via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google & more
Real-Time Activity Feed featuring top news + Facebook/Twitter/RSS
Seamless sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & more
Privacy & Community Controls
Flexible privacy options for network, groups and pages
Full data ownership
Community moderation tools
Anti-spam protection
Turnkey Revenue Options
Charge members (or collect donations) with Paid Access Add-on
Flexible advertising options
*There's also a VIP option.*

Attachments

• AdsenseHMA.jpg
    AdsenseHMA.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
gc, for any claim of revenue we need screenshots (with the domain displayed inside). Also what does the $59.95/month cover?

Best,
crumblepie,
NP Team

•••
Okay I have attached the AdSense screenshot for the month of July.
And the $59.95 covers:

Unlimited Members
20 GB Storage
Phone Support
Branded Video & Music Players
Mobile App-Creation Options
API Access
Custom Splash Pages
All Ning Plus Features
Publishing & Social Features
Customizable Member Profiles
Blogs, Forums, Photos & Video Embeds
Groups, Pages, Events & Chat
Leaderboards & Member Categories to surface top content and contributors
Email Marketing Tools
Built-In Mobile Site
HTML5 Optimized for Smartphones
Custom Design & URL
Use your own domain
Powerful Design Studio
Ability to add custom CSS and JS
Unlimited custom pages
Ad-free
Social Integrations
Social Sign-in via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google & more
Real-Time Activity Feed featuring top news + Facebook/Twitter/RSS
Seamless sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & more
Privacy & Community Controls
Flexible privacy options for network, groups and pages
Full data ownership
Community moderation tools
Anti-spam protection
Turnkey Revenue Options
Charge members (or collect donations) with Paid Access Add-on
Flexible advertising options

There's also a VIP option.

•••
I am interested,, pm me please.

•••
How can we claim content of this website when its using a 3rd party platform such as Ning?
I mean do you have access to a local db and files?
Is this website hosted by your own hosting service or by ning?
Do you make any profit(revenue minus expenses)?

•••
Was going to ask the same question as Makis.TV. Being on the Ning platform do you have access to the user database, how easy would it be to transfer away from Ning to a more dedicated soultion? How many current users do you have? Would you also be able to give us info on traffic? Thanks!

•••
Hi, all videos, members etc. can be exported out of Ning with their Archival Tool you can read about it here Archival Tool. And it is hosted by Ning. As I mentioned in my first post it's $59.95 per month. I didn't start this site to make money with Adsense, that wasn't my intent, but it does make a couple of dollars every month, you can see the screenshot attached at the bottom of my first post.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

It's actually pretty simple to move from Ning to a better solution imadam Ning has the Archival Tool. There are currently 810 members with access to the user database yes. I will post a screenshot of the traffic from Google Analytics.

•••
Here's a traffic screenshot attached below from Google Analytics.

Attachments

• TrafficScreenshotHMA.png
    TrafficScreenshotHMA.png
    281.7 KB · Views: 67
•••
Even though I dont think its a mistake, you set BIN @ $10K is that correct?

•••
Even though I dont think its a mistake, you set BIN @ $10K is that correct?

Yes, 10K. I don't know if I mentioned this before but I'm also giving along with the website Filmstra.com - short brandable domain name - pronounced film-stra. I was going to change the name to this as it opens the doors to filmmakers as well and the entire film industry. Because currently it's only about actors.

•••
I believe the potential this social network has for something bigger far outweighs the $59.95 you have to pay each month. This site would be better suited for those experienced in the film industry or have connections to it. Well why don't I just hold on to it? Because I don't know much about the film industry. And I feel it's time to move on. This site is a great concept and I've gotten really positive feedback from members.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back