IT.COM

"Member Of The Month" ever coming back?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i was wondering..... I recall when I started here that "member of the month" was a pretty consistent thing and seemed really good for the community. it helped to acknowledge people that were really giving back, or just giving, to the community, new members, less knowledgeable etc and was really neat to see how/why people were nominated and/or won. If this thread is any indication: http://www.namepros.com/namepros-in...9863-has-motm-been-dropped-what-happened.html

it has been a LOOOONG time since MOTM has been in effect.... any updates on when, if ever, it will return?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We don't have any plans to have the MOTM return. It turned into a popularity contest with people begging for votes in the chat room. It lost its purpose :'(

~Rachel

•••
that's too bad.... but, thanks for the candid update! I didn't think it was cuz y'all ran out of shiny medals! Seems like there should be a way to bring it back to how it "was"/could be though and get the positives out of it while preventing it from devolving into a popularity contest.

but, if it is gone for good, might want to at least remove it from the dropdown list when you click on a user name.....

•••
Open to ideas. If you have an idea for something similar with a better way of making it happen, I would love to hear it!! :)

~Rachel

•••
Is there any way of totally the number of positive rep points a user gets in a month?
That'd be the most logical way of determining MOTM. But then some people give rep for frivolous reasons. And I'm sure people would be begging for rep then... :-s

Perhaps I should decide it. Being *ahem* Member of the Year and all...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back