Dynadot

.me .ME First Name Value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandChimp

Life is short. Get up and make yours better. ChimpTop Member
Impact
Hi, Do you think it worth the money to invest on first names .me domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that .me is a good extension for firstnames. But I don't see a hot market for them. I also don't see them selling for big bucks. So I think it's a high risk venture. IMHO.

•••
I think that .me is a good extension for firstnames. But I don't see a hot market for them. I also don't see them selling for big bucks. So I think it's a high risk venture. IMHO.

What "big bucks" means in the case of a .me?

I think FirstNames.me will sell in the future easily from High $xxx to Low $x,xxx.

•••
I don't think there is a big market for first names in general no matter the TLD. Businesses buy domains for commercial use, individuals: much less often.
The vast majority of people have personal E-mail addresses in gmail or from their ISP. Free stuff.

So even selling vanity E-mail addresses using those .me domains will be tough. People ain't paying for this.
They are nice to have but they are trophy domains because the odds are slim that somebody will buy at the price you expect.

But I bet that any common first name is taken in .me too, and not cheap. I don't think they qualify as good investments.

•••
I have dozens of these, and I have sold some - for example elise.me just today. I price them at around $200 for less common names, up to a few thousand for common names like Linda. Use surnames.us to see how many people have the name.

•••
True that, dot me has potential

•••
I have dozens of these, and I have sold some - for example elise.me just today. I price them at around $200 for less common names, up to a few thousand for common names like Linda. Use surnames.us to see how many people have the name.

It was me :)

Elise is my favorite girl name.
I may use it in the future.
I hope.

•••
I reckon that in the long term, these will all grow in value and usage:

.me for brands where it makes sense (love.me, choose.me, eat.me etc), and personal sites
.biz for businesses that use their own brand
.info for sites that provide info (Wikipedia-esque, recipes, facts and figures etc)
.us for American sites that wish to point out that they are actually based in the USA

Each might take a handful of well-known instances to get the ball rolling.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back