kong707 said:From December ,price is declined from $12 to $8.8 . Within 6 months periods, price was slump for abouth 50% ( peak was around $16)
Does it show any bad sign for domain industry ?
Reece said:It shows how big of idiots the guys running Marchex are.
They should fire all those arbitrageurs and let the returns come solely from the names in the portfolio -- oh, and get rid of those typos that are gonna come back to bite them in the $$$ :imho:
Reece said:It shows how big of idiots the guys running Marchex are.
Spade said:Its not a surprise here, their monetization strategies have been just silly. They hold an incredible portfolio, but simply havnt figured out how to best monetize it. Not to mention a substancial chunk of the portfolio, I sincerely doubt performs very well for them.
I would say its time to trim the fat, and focus on not just "monetization" in the basic sense, but development. I mean true development as they hold some very promising domains.
Justin
