Domain Empire

MCCAIN'S VP CHOICE: Sarah Palin

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Would like to know your opinion on this choice.

Do you think it was a smart, wise, bold, stupid or don't give a damn choice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know a lot of people consider themselves independent, but I believe if the election was held tomorrow, there wouldn't be much difference between those results and what we shall see in November. If a Democrat takes the white house, the economy will bounce back. If Republican, then it will be four more years of a broken economy.

As a domainer, I'm hoping for the Democrats; when people have confidence in the economy, or even a feeling of hope, then domain prices will rise. I just feel very awkard voting for McCain with his age, and this person being second in command. I can't imagine her leading the country with 5 kids, she will always be a mom first. That's how she portrays herself.

I believe that the people have already made up their minds who they're going to vote for, and nothing will change that, not even great speeches or scandals.

•••
KingDon said:
I know a lot of people consider themselves independent, but I believe if the election was held tomorrow, there wouldn't be much difference between those results and what we shall see in November. If a Democrat takes the white house, the economy will bounce back. If Republican, then it will be four more years of a broken economy.

As a domainer, I'm hoping for the Democrats; when people have confidence in the economy, or even a feeling of hope, then domain prices will rise. I just feel very awkard voting for McCain with his age, and this person being second in command. I can't imagine her leading the country with 5 kids, she will always be a mom first. That's how she portrays herself.

I believe that the people have already made up their minds who they're going to vote for, and nothing will change that, not even great speeches or scandals.

" If a Democrat takes the white house, the economy will bounce back. If Republican, then it will be four more years of a broken economy."

Traditionaly the thought is the reverse

"I can't imagine her leading the country with 5 kids, she will always be a mom first. That's how she portrays herself. "

If she becomes pressident the kids will be fine, she will put forth maximum effort, just a question if she really has enough experience or the best pick to be VP

"nothing will change that, not even great speeches or scandals."

A scandal can change any election in a monments time!

•••
I agree.. he felt that he had to do something drastic... wrong choice IMO.

Idees said:
This VP pick is a political card for McCain.

He basically knew he had to take drastic measures to try to keep up with Obama in this race.

•••
Tempest111 said:
If McCain really wanted executive experience he would've gone with Romney. If he wanted to shake things up, he would've gone Lieberman.

If he picked Romney it would have been constant "two rich men" jokes

If he picked Lieberman it would have been constant "two old men" jokes

•••
Well, initial polling has Palin getting a 63% favorable rating from registered voters.... Biden is only at 43%. So, based purely on statistical data, it appears he made the right choice.

•••
Bold Move

I think that Mccain's image as a Washington insider and the same old policy as Bush is why he chose her. I think that since she is the first female ever to be on the Republican ticket it was a drastic move on his part, but maybe the only thing that would have worked. Obama's speeches have so impressed this country that Mcain had to do something drastic to win. We will have to wait and see if it works.

•••
garylee12 said:
I think that Mccain's image as a Washington insider and the same old policy as Bush is why he chose her. I think that since she is the first female ever to be on the Republican ticket it was a drastic move on his part, but maybe the only thing that would have worked. Obama's speeches have so impressed this country that Mcain had to do something drastic to win. We will have to wait and see if it works.
Perhaps if McCain were to actually think and act like a conservative he could energize conservatives enough to vote him into office without having to stoop to picking a running mate that is absolutely unqualified to be a hearbeat away from the presidency.

To think, Obama & Biden, and McCain & Palin are what we have to choose from. What has happened to this country?

I bet our enemies are jumping up and down with joy over these characters. What a joke we must be to them now.

•••
I wish Colin Powell would have ran..on either ticket!.. now THAT would be a president I could be proud of. He embodies everything I would ever ask for from a president. I've seen him give speeches live 4 different times, and I'll tell you, that is one guy who sincerely loves this country and wants what is best for it.

•••
Fragger said:
I wish Colin Powell would have ran..on either ticket!.. now THAT would be a president I could be proud of. He embodies everything I would ever ask for from a president. I've seen him give speeches live 4 different times, and I'll tell you, that is one guy who sincerely loves this country and wants what is best for it.
If Mr. Powell had been prettier and younger, he might very well have been McCain's choice for VP. In the alternative, had last year's winner of American Idol been a hot chick, well, you figure it out.

I wonder what marketing ploy Mr. McCain will try next? Adopt a family from hurricane ravaged Louisiana? Let all of Louisiana's displaced persons live in his many homes? Try out for the NHL? Support food stamp entitlements for anyone who makes less than 5 million a year? Hyphenate his last name? Start hanging out with Gavin Newsom? Grow a ponytail and ride a Harley (Chopper 1)?

Somebody please tell me how he is placing his "Country First" by picking an unqualified person to be his running mate just so he can one-up Obama and win the election? Does he really think that she could never assume the office of President during his four year term?

I think that I've figured it out. McCain wants to end global warming by moving the hot chick from Alaska to D.C. Now I can go to sleep.

Last edited:
•••
homebuyer said:
If Mr. Powell had been prettier and younger, he might very well have been McCain's choice for VP. In the alternative, had last year's winner of American Idol been a hot chick, well, you figure it out.

I wonder what marketing ploy Mr. McCain will try next? Adopt a family from hurricane ravaged Louisiana? Let all of Louisiana's displaced persons live in his many homes? Try out for the NHL? Support food stamp entitlements for anyone who makes less than 5 million a year? Hyphenate his last name? Start hanging out with Gavin Newsom? Grow a ponytail and ride a Harley (Chopper 1)?

Somebody please tell me how he is placing his "Country First" by picking an unqualified person to be his running mate just so he can one-up Obama and win the election? Does he really think that she could never assume the office of President during his four year term?

I think that I've figured it out. McCain wants to end global warming by moving the hot chick from Alaska to D.C. Now I can go to sleep.

I've come to the assumption you are a bitter democrat. :) I just have one question.... what exactly are Mr. Obama's qualifications to be president? What does he have experience wise over Palin? After all, she is only the VP candidate, Obama is running for the main show. Palin has been in politics since 1992. Obama has been in politics since 1997. And Obama's list of accomplishments during that time is what now? Please indulge me. As far as I can tell, Obama is only really good at talking up a big game... oh... and hiding scandals under the covers. Ayers, Rezko, ACORN... his list of scandalous ties goes on and on.

Last edited:
•••
I know McCain likes to talk about how he comes from a good gene pool, but something tells me that he's not going to make it through his full first term due to health problems. He's not as quick as he used to be, and the clock moves forward.

He just celebrated another birthday, and you didn't hear much about that on the news. I predict if McCain is elected, we will have our first female president and be at war with Iran within 12 months. I'm a conservative, but there's no way I could vote for this ticket; Ron Paul was the only chance the party had of getting things back in order.

•••
As CEO of NamePros Inc, that must qualify me to be the next CEO of Disney or Sony. Time to start sending out some resumes!

•••
-RJ- said:
As CEO of NamePros Inc, that must qualify me to be the next CEO of Disney or Sony. Time to start sending out some resumes!

:lol: Feel free to use me as a reference.
B-)

•••
Fragger said:
I've come to the assumption you are a bitter democrat. :) I just have one question.... what exactly are Mr. Obama's qualifications to be president? What does he have experience wise over Palin? After all, she is only the VP candidate, Obama is running for the main show. Palin has been in politics since 1992. Obama has been in politics since 1997. And Obama's list of accomplishments during that time is what now? Please indulge me. As far as I can tell, Obama is only really good at talking up a big game... oh... and hiding scandals under the covers. Ayers, Rezko, ACORN... his list of scandalous ties goes on and on.
I am not a Democrat at all. I think that I was one in my teen years, but then I grew up. My frustrations lie in seeing that both parties care more about themselves than this nation. If they truly cared, they would have amended the Constitution to include a "None of the Above" choice.

You're preaching to the choir about Obama. So I'd say neither Palin nor Obama should ever be anywhere near that Nuclear Football.

Moving along, Teen daughter of GOP VP pick is pregnant:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/palin.daughter/index.html

Sarah and Todd Palin issued a statement saying they are "proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents."

Now Palin can cloathe herself with the same thing Pelosi said - A grandmother knows. Frigg'n angles.

I wonder how American Idol's Paula, Simon, and Randy would rate these performers. When you can't sing, you dance. When you can't dance, you sing. When you can't do either, you wear nice clothes and smile.

Last edited:
•••
On a good note, it appears the levees are holding in New Orleans! :tu:

•••
Fragger said:
On a good note, it appears the levees are holding in New Orleans! :tu:

Lets hope they stay that way

•••
-RJ- said:
Why not? :sold: You already have experience with 100 thousand domainers from every corner of the planet. I'm sure you would do well. I'll vote for you :tu:

•••
-RJ- said:
Not so fast, buddy boy. I own ceos.us, so I'm the most qualified for these jobs.

•••
Interesting, her daughter is pregnant?

•••
Probably an oversight Sarah forgot to mention to the McCain camp when she made the short list. Funny how Palin's young daughter will be looked upon differently than a 17 year old pregnant girl from the ghetto.

•••
KingDon said:
Probably an oversight Sarah forgot to mention to the McCain camp when she made the short list. Funny how Palin's young daughter will be looked upon differently than a 17 year old pregnant girl from the ghetto.

They say McCain knew about this before he picked her

The girl and guy are going to get married and raise the kid. When your mom has a chance to ultimaly be pressident of the USA you cant really compare that to any other 17 year old girl from any background can you?

•••
I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't HELP her image. It makes her seem like a "regular" mother who encounters big issues and problems just like everyone else does....And I know the dem's definitely won't jump on it as far as trying to defame her with this, because that would backfire terribly.

•••
Fragger said:
I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't HELP her image. It makes her seem like a "regular" mother who encounters big issues and problems just like everyone else does....And I know the dem's definitely won't jump on it as far as trying to defame her with this, because that would backfire terribly.
If she can not manage her own family while holding an executive office (governor of Alaska), then how can she be expected to manage an entire nation should she some day assume the office of president? Don't forget that she is also behind her teen daughter marrying the young father. Yeah, that's a good idea. I wonder when they'll be guests on Jerry Springer.

•••
I don't think anything needs to be said about the situation, it is what it is. To me the problem is the way a large segment of our society condemns young teenage mothers as morally corrupt for having a baby, but because of this girls place/class in society, it will be considered Okay for her.

Imagine every woman with a teenage girl who's having a baby, and wondering why they get dirty looks from all their neighbors, but the woman on TV is praised for her situation?

I wonder what society would say if Obama had a pregnant 17 year old daughter, or is that where this will be going before the elections take place. Who wants to bet that her pregnancy becomes an issue? But I'm sure I'm not the first to think it.

I say, by Friday you hear that comment on some liberal news show, and then boom, the slinging starts. When I hear politicians say, something is off limits, you begin to see the laser points all zeroing in on that which is off limits.

She's off limits, yeah and this will be an honorable campaign from both sides for the race to 1600.

•••
homebuyer said:
If she can not manage her own family while holding an executive office (governor of Alaska), then how can she be expected to manage an entire nation should she some day assume the office of president? Don't forget that she is also behind her teen daughter marrying the young father. Yeah, that's a good idea. I wonder when they'll be guests on Jerry Springer.

You can do everything perfect and still get a pregant 17-year-old daughter

"Don't forget that she is also behind her teen daughter marrying the young father" How do you know that?

Jerry Springer's guest dont come from elite familys lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back