NameSilo

discuss Mass of email enquiries

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
I've just opened my mailbox, and I've received a number of enquiries about some of my names. There are 4 or 5 enquiries for each of about 8 of my names. All from sililar addresses. I'm assuming they are all phishing or spam enquiries, so I'll just delete them. Has anybody else received similar enquiries recently? The difficult question is "Should these be filtered by the registrar?". I feel this is a dangerous option, as some genuine enquiries could be missed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Happens frequently, actually. Depending on your privacy configuration at your registrar, that can sometimes help (if privacy is enabled). I don't think the registrars are all that concerned with filtering emails--I wouldn't expect them to, to be completely honest. Obvious spam, yes--but that's about it.

Perhaps you could use domain marketplaces (SEDO, Daaz, DAN/Afternic, etc.) as a means of weeding out scammers, if you don't already.

Last edited:
•••
do u use bodis inquiy form or what?

•••
Congratulations your domain just sold

•••
I've just opened one of the mail items. It looks as if they are trying to sell me bandwidth, and they aren't trying to buy the names. So just another flood of boring spam. Sorry I started this thread, I should have read the mail first.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back