Marketplace development help

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

ArielT

Top Member
Impact
1,033
hello, I have got a domain for creating a domain marketplace site, I'm wondering the steps, whether there are pre made webs or if needed a programmer etc

Also the kind of hosting needed, the budget needed etc, all info about it is appreciated
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Depends on what kind of site you have in mind. For example if you want a forum like Namepros you can use a free web application called phpBB. If you need a more complicated app like users have their accounts and they bid on domains and such then I guess you'll have to have it developed.

Hosting for a single site is quite cheap. You can find hosting plans as low as $4 - $5 (hostgator.com, bluehost.com)

I think one tip to keep in mind is Linux hosting is almost always cheaper. So ASP.NET and SQL Server based applications will cost more in terms of hosting. I think they cost the same at GoDaddy but I don't see many hosting companies like that.

And shared hosting doesn't perform very well. So if you are planning a growing serious business you may end up needing a Virtual Private Server, Dedicated Server or a cloud service like Amazon Web Services.

I hope this helps a little
 
1
•••
Thanks for your reply volkito, yes, helped

I'll see what to do, whether sell the domain or build it
 
Last edited:
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back